Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Trip to the Hospital ... Friday all day!

When Pat, my sister, talked to the Dr. office on Friday morning about me not being able to take any of the pain meds, they wanted to see me.  She took me to see Dr. Kohlmorgen who wanted a pelvic sonogram which showed there could possibly be a hematoma from the surgery.  With that possibility she then sent me to Baylor-All Saints for a CT Scan on my pelvic area.  After drinking four cups of this gross stuff for an abdominal/colon CT Scan, the radiation therapist realized that Dr. Kohlmorgen wanted the pelvic scan and so evidently there was no need for me to endure four cups of that nasty tasting stuff.  For the pelvic CT Scan, I needed I am IV to inject the iodine or whatever solution is needed for that scan.  Keep in mind that I can only have IV/blood drawn/blood pressure taken in my right arm due to the removal of the 16 lymph nodes on my left side.  The first try at the IV in the bend of my arm proved futile.  The radiation tech missed the vein and it kept rolling so that was aborted by the nurse who came to assist.  The nurse moved further down my forearm toward my hand and found a teeny tiny vein and used a small needle and hit the vein.  Before she got ready to stick me ... I said  ... I think we need to pause for a moment of prayer.  Everyone bowed their heads and I said ... Father God, please let the nurse hit this vein.  She hit it and I said ... Thank you Father God.   I was very emotional during the day as I had not had any pain medicine since before I left the hospital on Tuesday.  The pain was wearing on my body and my last nerve.  The pelvic CT scan showed there was nothing wrong so indeed all I needed was pain medicine.  Praise the Lord.  I tried the Tramadol again with Benadryl close by in case I itched and praise the Lord that I haven't had to use.  It's amazing what pain medicine can do when you get to take it.  Today I feel so much better.  I am alternating the Tramadol and the Motrin 800 mg every few hours.  I'm so thankful there was nothing wrong on the inside and all I needed was pain medicine.  I am resting better and taking it very slow.

That's about all I have to report for now.  I'm thankful for such a good doctor as Dr. Kohlmorgen who left no stone unturned for me during this surgery and the recovery process.  My sister is a trooper as she took time away from her sons who are here for a couple days to take me to the doctor office and to the hospital.  She's one in a million.

Blessings abound ...


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment