Saturday, June 2, 2012

Another Week Gone By ....

Do you ever think about how time 'drags' sometimes or oh my goodness, this work day will never be over or I cannot wait for vacation ... the things we say about time are too many to print or even think about.  Time goes quickly for parents of a newborn baby ... as the baby is going through the usual milestones of development and then all a sudden ...the parents blink ...  the child is graduating kindergarten ... middle school and ... then high school.  Time does have a way of flying.  Today as I write ... my prayer for all is that you do not think about the things to come ... none of us has control over that part of our life ... but rather enjoy this moment, this very second that God has allowed you to be here.  Put a smile on your face and enjoy the second you are reading this ... do not think about the next second because I can assure you from God's word that He has everything under control.  You see being diagnosed with breast cancer has allowed me to trust God deeper than I ever have before.  He and He alone knows what my next second hold, He alone knows the exact number of hairs on my head, and He alone knows the exact number of breaths that I will take ... He knows what my next second holds so therefore I do not have to think about it much less 'worry' about it.  Worry is the devil's workshop ... so the next time you 'think' you have a 'worry' ... slap your shoulder and say ...
Be gone devil.
                 Psalms 46:10    Be still and know that I am God.  

June 1 Jesus Calling Devotional reading:
I am involved in each moment of your life.  I have carefully mapped out every inch of your journey through this day (and all days), even though much of it may feel haphazard.  Because the world is in a fallen condition, things always seem to be unraveling around the edges.  Expect to find trouble in this day.  At the same time, trust that My way is perfect, even in the midst of such messy imperfection.

Stay conscious of ME as your go through this day, remembering that I never leave your side.  Let the Holy Spirit guide you step by step, protecting you from unnecessary trials and equipping you to get through whatever must be endured.  As you trudge through the sludge of this fallen world, keep your mind in heavenly places with ME.  Thus the Light of My Presence shines on you, giving you Peace and Joy that circumstances cannot touch.
Psalm 18:30  As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the Lord is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Isaiah 41:13  For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, Do not fear, I will help you.

I do not write these things to preach, I write because I see so many who have so many worries and I want people to know that worry gets us no where good.  It causes us further problems with anxiety, problems with our moods, it makes us miss those precious moments that are happening now, and in the end it will affect our health.  I have been a worrier most .. OK, all my life.  I worried if I didn't have something to worry about.  Knowing my Lord more intimately has allowed me to shed that worry ... to let things go ... to see the happiness in this moment ... to realize I do not have control over my next second of life ... God does.  I have reached a more intimate relationship with my Father and He is the one who gives me the power to slap the devil off my shoulder when worry wants to sneak in.  I hope you will allow our Lord to comfort you today and all your days to come ... whatever you feel you should worry about, turn it over to Him and leave it with Him.  My saying ... He's got it.  There are times that something is or has gone awry and I say out loud ... Father, you've got this.  Comfort and peace pass over me and I live the next beautiful second that He has given me ... without worry.

**********************
Thursday was my consultation appointment with the Gynecological Oncologist, Dr. V, at the Center.  My appointment was at 2:00 or 2:15pm (I was told 2:00pm when the appointment was set up and 2:15pm on the reminder message).   I arrive at 2:00pm (because that's who I am) and find a seat in the small waiting room.  Of course I pull out my iPhone ... check home email, Facebook ... more Facebook, played solitary until I was sick of it and continued waiting.  I hear lots of laughter and chatting in the back where the nurses and doctor are.  They seem to be a happy bunch.  It's gets to be 3:00pm and I'm still sitting in the waiting room.  A nurse comes by taking out the trash   and says I'm sorry you're having to wait ... on she goes to take the trash (which I thought very inappropriate while there was a roomful of people waiting).  The head nurse lady opens the door and says this is the first day for the doctor to be back after vacation and there were lots of test results for other patients and it was just taking a long time.  At 3:30pm I get called back and weighed, blood pressure taken (I was surprised it wasn't sky high but then again I was saying ... God you've got this) and left in a room to wait some more.  I hear Dr. V and a man talking by the room ... sounded more like visiting and that visit lasted another 15 minutes.  The head nurse lady comes in my room at 3:45pm to move me to a room because Dr. V would want to do a pelvic exam.  I'm thinking ... this is just a consultation appointment ... as in ... I have questions to ask, etc. and I was not sure that I wanted to use Dr. V. as my doctor for the hysterectomy.  After I get in that room, a House Staff Doctor and an Intern come in to ask me some questions ... all the answers were on the five page new patient forms I completed at 2:00pm and I was pretty irritated at this point. I felt they sent this lady in to just appease me because by now, I'm not very happy.   I hear Dr. V. complete her appointment across the hall and think OK, I'm next.  NOT!  She went down the hall and I heard a door shut for another room ... it is just shy of 4:00pm and I've been there two hours waiting.  I closed my eyes and prayed ... Father, am I supposed to be here with this doctor.  Please Father let me know.  A calm came over me and at 4:00pm, I picked up my purse and headed to the nurses desk and told them I would need to reschedule because two hours waiting was ridiculous.  They all apologized. Was I angry ... not really angry ... irritated is more like it.  The head nurse lady makes all the appointments and obviously should have never booked a potential new patient on a day that the doctor had returned from vacation ... when there were lots of test results to be given on established patients.  I feel God has led me to all the many doctors on my journey ... I did not feel that this doctor was where I was supposed to be.  My first mistake ... I didn't pray about this before the appointment was set up.  I do believe in praying about everything and I do not remember doing such prior to the appointment being made. MY mistake.   I went off of a recommendation from someone I do trust but ... that doesn't mean that doctor is a fit (so to speak) for me.  I have an appointment this coming Thursday with Helena and plan to discuss another physician that I have good information on ... and I will without doubt be praying about this before hand.

********************************
My grand babies are doing well.  Brooklyn and Mommy and Daddy got to come home from the hospital yesterday.  I am anxiously waiting to hear how their first night at home as a family of four went.  I pray it went well.

********************************

Blessed beyond measure and praying blessings for you this beautiful Saturday.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment