Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Healing - Peeling -- And Moving Forward!


Let's see ... so much I want to chat about ... so much I've probably forgotten.

It's been a wonderful busy week.  The garage door opener guy got here on Monday morning and I am now the proud owner of a new garage door opener AND it works so well AD it's so quiet AND it has a keypad for outside the garage so I no longer have to take my door opener if I am going through the garage.  I do not hear it when it goes up or down when Alicia is coming or going.

Tuesday evening after dinner, I went over to my sisters and primed the walls in her hall bathroom that she is redoing to get them ready to paint.  I can't wait to get this finished because it's going to look so good.  I'm so happy for her that she's finally getting this done.  She started back when I was in the middle of radiation and I wasn't really in the mood to remodel but now that I've healed and peeled I'm good to go.

I finally finally finally called the painter and the gutter guys.  The painter is coming Saturday to replace the bad wood on the back of the house.  The gutter guys are coming on Tuesday to replace the old gutters that run across the front and the back of the house as well as add to the front guttering to run all the way across and I will have an additional downspout.  Then the painters come out on Wednesday to paint the whole house ... well the trim and stuff ... not the brick.  I just called Sherwin-Williams and the paint goes on sale this Sunday at 30% off.  Waaa hoooo!   Moving and shaking around here.

My surgery (hysterectomy) is scheduled for Monday at 2:00pm.  I'll stay in the hospital over night and come home on Tuesday.  I am praying this isn't going to be bad or difficult to get through ... I'm not expecting it to be.  I'm happy I am able to get in so quickly and get this done and behind me.  Tomorrow is pre-op with Dr. Kohlmorgen and the hospital.

I had my 3 week follow-up with the Radiation Oncologist on Tuesday.  All is well, the healing in continuing and unless I have issues down the road, I do not have to go back and see them.  Praise the Lord!  Another leg of the journey complete.

Tuesday was the day that the local farmers bring their produce and set up at the back of our building.  I was able to get down there and bought - peaches, plums, canteloupe, white egg plant and black eyed peas.  I have eaten some of all of it except the egg plant and I am anxious to try it.  I love grilled egg plant but I don't usually drag the grill out during the week so it will be this weekend before I get to try that.

I continue to be blessed by people who make the sweetest comments about my hair ... growing back.  I was told yesterday that I have the 'Demi Moore' hair thing going on.  I am so pleased that it is growing back and my eye lashes are long and pretty and my eyebrows are filling in well.  The Latesse really works on the eye lashes.  Praise the Lord.



Last week I was so blessed to share my Cancer Awareness presentation with our region at a Diversity Teleconference.  It was well received and I have had so many people tell me they learned so much from the info I provided.  I give glory to the Father.  I continue to pray that He opens doors in the speaking arena for me to share about Him first and foremost as well as the info pertaining to the 'do's and don'ts and what to say and what not to say' to a cancer patient.

We have a reprieve from the seven producing tomato plants.  All the first crop have ripened and now the second crop is coming on strong.  We have eaten all that we can and given the rest (which was a LOT) away.  Madelyn loves tomatoes and I am so happy about that.  She picks her one and wants to eat it right then.  I am always insisting that we wash it first but she doesn't care if it's washed or not.  Oh the sweet innocence of a child.

When I read the June 10 devotional out of my Jesus Calling devotional book, I said to myself that I wanted to share God's word.
June 10
REST IN ME, MY CHILD, Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen.  Pray continually, asking My spirit to take charge of the details of this day.  Remember that you are on a journey with Me.  When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant companion who sustains you moment by moment.  As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours.  How foolish you are, My child!

Remembrance of Me is a daily discipline.  Never lose sight of My Presence with you.  This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day.

Scripture verses cited:
1 Thessalonians 5:17 ... pray continually ...
Psalm 62:5 ... Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him.

This devotional drives home more and more that God does not want us to worry about tomorrow, this evening, 20 minutes from now ... He wants us to live in this moment with Him holding His hand.

Praising God and continuing to pray for those on this cancer surgery and treatment journey.

Blessings.



gkmorrison12@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Gena,
    I do the Jesus calling devotion book. I think it is so sweet and simple and it always speaks to me. I am glad to know you love it too!
    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete