Friday, May 11, 2012

Decisions ... We All Have Them to Make!

PRAISE THE LORD for every second/minute/hour/day, every situation, every blessing ...
Give Him the Praise  

I feel sad for folks who on Monday morning come to work and wish it was already Friday.  Don't get me wrong ... Fridays are good as they mean two days of no real schedules, no deadlines to speak of, a time for our bodies and minds to rest, however, there are so many blessings to be found in the other six days of the week.  I am happy for every day, hour, minute, second of the day that I am here.  I look out my office window and see how blessed I am.  At home I walk outside and look around at the trees, grass, my garden, flowers and know that God made all these things and they are beautiful.  My decision is to be happy no matter what the day, what the situation, where I'm at ... I chose to not wish for Friday ... I chose to make the most of the moment I am living.  I have a decision to make every morning before I get out of bed ... I chose God, life, love and to see all the blessings that surround me.

I have made the decision to stop the Celebrax that I was given for my hip pain.  I have taken the medicine for six days which I feel is plenty of time for it have gotten in my body and help with my hip pain.  I cannot tell you that it has helped much at all.  I believe the side effects are too great to continue with not any real results. My hips continue to hurt after I sit for awhile but if I take my time when I stand and let the pain settle before I step, I am OK.  My decision is not to take the Celebrax.

My decision when I found out I had breast cancer was to fight.  I did not know what was to come but I knew that when I put my 'boxing gloves' on ... there was no taking them off.  I made the decision to not do reconstruction surgery early on and then especially after I talked to my surgeon about getting the tumor borders clean.  I wanted her to get all the cancer and surrounding area.   After that decision came the decision for treatment.  Dr. Y, my Oncologist, showed me the statistics for survival if I did this treatment or that treatment.  There were about three options and I 'chose' to take the chemo, radiation and estrogen inhibitor option.  I was not told that this is the plan Dr. Y had laid out for me ... I was given the options and I made the choice.  My decision was the full gamut of treatment and I am thankful I did and I am more thankful that I am almost complete with the first two areas of treatment.  The third and fourth will be the hysterectomy and the estrogen inhibitor that I will take for the next five years.

I made the choice to embrace going bald.  Did I want to lose all my hair?  Absolutely not but I knew it was going to happen so I embraced it.  After about four days of wearing those wigs, I said ... I can't do this and from that day to this, I have never put one of them on.  During the winter months, I wore toboggans or my cap.  My choice was not to let losing my hair define who I was.  I see people sneak a peek at me or look at me and then do a double take ... doesn't bother me.  If I see them do that ... I speak to them.  I get on an elevator at work and I embrace the people on there ... I break the ice ... because so many times, people look down at the floor and won't look at me.  I say to myself ... pooey on that.  I talk to them and let them know I am human and I am OK ... I'm a person who lost their hair due to chemo.  I made the choice to embrace the situation of losing my hair and I've made the most of it.  Do you know how many doors my baldness has opened and allowed me to share our Lord?  Many many opportunities and I try never to miss a single one.

Another decision I made when I found out I had cancer was how I would walk my journey.  I had yet another choice to make.  I could walk it with my head down and an 'oh whoa is me' attitude or I could hold my head up and face it head on.  My choice was the later and I know by making that choice, my journey has been much easier.  I am not a 'down in the dumps' type person and I just can't imagine being down in the dumps through this journey ... that's a long time to be down in the dumps ... and it's NOT for me!  My choice was to have a good attitude and it has made things much more bearable.

Last but never ever least has been my choice to follow my Lord and do what He tells me to do.  He has been the rock that I leaned on so many times while on my journey.  He has carried me through the troubled waters when I could not carry myself.  He has loved me even during those bad after chemo days when I know I was not lovable.  He assured me there were brighter days ahead and to keep my eyes on Him.  My choice was and is always to follow my Lord.

We all have decisions to make in life.  Sometimes decisions are not easy ... many are very hard.  I suggest today that you pray about all decisions and follow God's will.  He will give you answers ... not necessarily yes or no because sometimes He says 'wait'.  Decide to open your ears to His answers.

I am so thankful that I am where I am today.  I feel good, I am on the road back to my 'new normal', I know God has a plan for me and I know He knows every minute as to what is going to happen to me.  That is very reassuring.  Trust Him ... let Him lead you in making your decisions.


Psalm 23

Common English Bible (CEB)

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd.
    I lack nothing.
He lets me rest in grassy meadows;
    he leads me to restful waters;
        he keeps me [a] alive.
He guides me in proper paths
    for the sake of his good name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley,
    I fear no danger because you are with me.
Your rod and your staff—
    they protect me.
You set a table for me
    right in front of my enemies.
You bathe my head in oil;
    my cup is so full it spills over!
Yes, goodness and faithful love
    will pursue me all the days of my life,
    and I will live[b] in the Lord’s house
    as long as I live.

I want to share with you the cutest picture that was posted on Facebook.  The saying below is my greatest desire for the future of women (and men).

I ask you today to
Support Breast Cancer causes.
Let's find a cure so our grand babies
never have to endure this dreadful
disease.  

Blessings abound for us all.  Be thankful.  Make wise decisions.  I'm praying for you today.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment