Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pregnancy (not me) and Other Updates ...

My daughter, Bonnie, is scheduled to deliver her second baby on May 30 by c-section.  Bonnie is about
5" 0" tall hence being pregnant and a little horizontally challenged, she runs out of room toward the end of her pregnancies.  She is still cute as a button.  The picture below was taken on Tuesday.  She bought a new outfit because she had an interview for a job that is in her field of math (she got her smarts from her Daddy).  She is holding her blouse in so the picture depicts her little round belly.  She has the baby the day after I complete my radiation.  I am telling you ... I am blessed.

 

I am very thankful to report that I got up this morning without hip pain (that's two days in a row).  Praise the Lord.  I am a firm believer in answered prayer.  Thank you all for praying.  This has been very painful.  I am back to walking while at work.  I have to make myself get up and get away from my desk so four or six laps at a time around the floor makes a whole world of difference.  Twelve laps makes a mile so I try for that every day ... some days I make it and other days I forget to get up and go walk.

My garden is doing so well.  If all these tomatoes start ripening at once, I will have some to give away.  I have seven plants ... who buys an uneven number of plants - ME ... and they are all loaded with tomatoes of all sizes.  I have some pretty big tomatoes and lots of roma tomatoes, some medium size ones too.  And the peppers are doing well too.  So thankful I endured the cold and not feeling good to put these gardens in this year.  I have my dream yard.  Oh and my flowers are doing wonderful on my trellis'.  The hyacinth beans are blooming.

Above:  Hyacinth Bean flowers.  They are
still sparse but when they get mature, they
are beautiful and smell so good.

Above:  Picked some fresh basil tonight to
add to the spaghetti sauce.  
 
Above:  See all the light spots on this tomato
plant?  Those are Roma tomatoes.

Above:  Clusters of other tomatoes


Above:  See the one sort of just below the
middle?  It's turning red.  <smile>

For me everything seems to be going better and better every day.  I constantly Praise the Lord for feeling so much better and for carrying me through all the troubled waters of surgery and chemo.  He is with me as I walk the path of radiation.  I know He constantly stills the waters when they get rough.  He knows every day second by second what is next for me ... I have no fears because I know He is with me always.

So thankful tonight and always praying for my survivor sisters known and unknown who are walking the surgery or chemo path.  Please know precious ladies that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will get better.

Blessed and I continue praying blessings for those reading my blog.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. You know I love me some tomatoes...feel free to send some my way. Our plants are way behind what yours are doing. As always...love your words,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete