Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day !!!



Remembering those who have fought and died so that WE can live in a free country.  Thankful for all.
Blessings to the families who have lost a loved one.

*****************************************
Mid Sunday morning it was time to put the new light fixture up in the hall bathroom.  I had been contemplating the procedure all night and yesterday morning.  I do have to think these things out before I do them.  I am not afraid of the electricity but primarily installing the fixture so it looks professional.  For some reason the home builders did not put a metal electrical box in the wall behind the fixture so per the instructions I didn't have anything to screw the brace to.  GREAT!  I think I over thought the process because once I was finished I thought about my long procedure and went ... duuhhh Gena, it was not that hard.  I knew exactly what I should have done AFTER I was finished.  Anyway, once I got the bracket put up, Alicia came and held the fixture so I could wire it.  She was a little uneasy just holding the fixture ... I kept telling her to not turn the light switch on.  When I got it wired and before I attached it to the wall, I got a bulb to ensure it was going to work.  It did!  
Below is the fixture!!! 


Above:   Lights off !!! 

Above:  Lights on !!!
Above: This pretty green color replaced the
lovely subtle yellow that had been in that
bathroom for years.  See my bird picture and
the birds sitting on the toilet?  I love birds.
There are two things I have tried to get accomplished since Friday and this morning I can only remember one of them.  Paint my toe nails.  <laughing>  Yep, I've been trying to get this done for days.  First I have to go to Sally's Beauty Supply to get the Out The Door top coat that helps the paint stay on.

Madelyn had been running a temp since last Wednesday night.  Alicia took her to the Urgent Child Care that evening in case she needed to start antibiotics since the new baby is coming this week and Braxton will be here with us for a few days.  They ran strep test - negative, checked her ears - negative so it was diagnosed as viral.  That means you just have to let it run it's course.  It has and she hasn't run a temp in two days.  All the toys have been sanitized, floors have been heat sanitized, counter tops, door knobs, anything that might have been touched has been sanitized.  Alicia also discovered last night that Madelyn has cut a few more teeth that we didn't know about ... hmmm I wonder if these new teeth could have caused that temp.  Either way ... Praise the Lord that she is all better.

This week there are a few things happening and I'm looking forward to all.  Tuesday I take my last round of radiation.  I will miss my sweet Vanessa every morning but I know she is happy for me to have this part of my journey coming to an end.  Wednesday my third grand baby will be born.  There has not been a gender announced but Grammy believes this baby will be a girl.  Brooklyn Leigh.  Wednesday night is when Braxton will come stay at Grammy's house for a couple of days.  If all goes well, Bonnie thinks they will get to come home on Friday.  I have so much to look forward to and most of all be thankful for ... Thank you Jesus.

Blessed beyond measure ... praying blessings for you today as we remember those who died for us.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment