Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Many Stories to Share ...

First off, let me tell you about my new addiction.  Welch's Fruit Snacks ... yes, they are those little gummy snacks that are fruit shaped and fruit flavored (duuuhhh Gena).  They are tart yet a little sweet and their fruitiness tastes so much like the real fruit.  I can easily eat 3 packages of 13 in each package in one sitting.  I'm currently on my second package since getting home from work 10 minutes ago.  Since my loss of appetite, I figure if I find something that appeases the situation ... why not indulge!  If you haven't tried them ... I highly suggest you go get some and if you do not like them, I'll send you my address and you can send them to me.  <laughing>

Praise the Lord for my sister who insisted on hiring Justin, our long time family friend, to mow and take care of our yards every two weeks.  Honestly it is so nice coming home and all the yard work is done and all I have to do is enjoy it and ... it looks so pretty.

Tuesday began my 'boost' radiation treatments for the last five rounds.  These will concentrate on just the tumor area of my scar.  The rectangle that I've had drawn on my chest for a couple of weeks is the sole target.  I have to tell you that I am pretty happy about that because the other parts of me was getting nice and toasty.  Like under my left arm ... reach up right now and give yourself a big ole pinch and see how it feels ... hurts, doesn't it?  Yes, that is a very tender spot and after 28 rounds of direct radiation, it gets even more tender than when you just pinched yourself.  Your pain will subside after a few minutes, this tenderness is going to stick around and should begin subsiding my middle of next week.  I am not complaining though.  The end of the radiation tunnel is in sight ... three treatments left.  Below are the pictures Vanessa, Radiation Tech, took yesterday with the new contraption thing that holds the metal plate that has a cut out in the same exact shape as my rectangle.  I counted seconds this morning and the radiation was about 18 seconds total.  Radiation is not administered by seconds but by some other form of measurement but I count seconds.  <smile>

Above:  The added piece of equipment gets
a little more personal and up close than the
with the other radiation.

Above:  Yeppers just a little closer.

Above:  OH and Mr. Bolus had a baby bolus.
This is him.  Fits nicely over the marked area.
See the burn under my arm.  It may not look
to bad but it is very tender.  

So yesterday when I left the Center and was headed to work, I got stopped at the red light at the corner of Rosedale and Hemphill (I think) ... it was an intersection.  At that time of the morning (6:10am) there are not a lot of people on the roads.  While I am stopped at red lights, I have a habit of looking around at other cars and people that are in them.  I looked to my right and there was this pretty newer model red car with this man in it.  He was holding his coffee cup and starring at me.  When I looked at him, he raised his brows and smiled as if to say ... How are you doing?  Interjection: I'm sure he doesn't see bald women sitting at stop lights a lot.  Anyway ... I smiled back him ... Nodded my head and gave him a thumbs up.  He smiled back and shook his head as if he knew I was doing well.  Communication without any words ... facial expressions ... and two smiles.  Priceless and touched my heart.

Today at work I was taking a UPS box down to the first floor and got on the elevator which already had two women on it.  One of them did a double take looking at me and said ... Are you going through what I've been through?  I said ... If you are talking about breast cancer, the answer is yes.  And she said ... yes, that's what she was talking about.  I reached over and touched her arm and said ... then you are one of my survivor sisters.  I got off the elevator on the floor she was getting off on and we had a wonderful chat.  She is just shy of 5 years as a survivor.  It ended with both of us being positive people and we knew we could beat cancer.  Again ... Priceless and my hear was touched again.

And then ... this afternoon I had another UPS that I needed to put in the drop box so I headed back down to the first floor.  Remember the long hall I talked about recently that we had to walk down to get to the post office or the Fed Ex/UPS drop boxes ... well I was walking down that long hall and there was a lady standing at the end with her hands held up as if she were in Praise.  (She was waiting for the Post Office to open at 2:30)  As I got closer, she had turned away from me but I could hear she was singing these words ...  When I call on Jesus .... and I sang  ... ALL things are possible.  She turned around and finished the lyric ... we smiled and both said ... Praise the Lord.  Again ... Truly Priceless and really touched my heart.

You see ... It's not about the cancer ... it's about what Jesus has done in my life.  There is so much more than cancer that has gone on with me in the last eight months ... my relationship with Jesus has grown to a much deeper love degree and my faith has deepened tremendously.  Cancer cannot win this battle or the war ... there is nothing that can compare to my awesome Jesus.

Today I leave you with a happy and love filled heart ... a heart that has been touched in so many ways in just the last two days.  God did not give me the cancer or make me take all these treatments but He has been right beside me the whole way.  Thank you precious Jesus.

Praises:
*  My sister.  She's the bestest sister a girl could ask for.
*  Radiation has gone well and at this point, I have only three treatments remaining.
*  Vanessa, my Radiation Tech, who is the cutest and sweetest person.
*  The people I have met while taking my radiation early in the mornings.  The girl at the front desk,
the man who is after me with his treatments, the security guard.  All sweet people.
*  A four day weekend for me coming up.  Yes, I am thankful for this time off.
*  So much more....

Prayer Requests:
*  My friend, B, who the doctor just found a lump in her breast.  She's waiting for an appointment for diagnostic mammo and sonogram.
*  My survivor sisters ... Wendi, Michelle, Leslie, Wendy ... who continue to take their treatments.
*  My long time friend, Judy, who is beginning her own journey.
*  My friend, Shirley, who is fighting a tough battle with leukemia.
*  Those who have just gotten a bad diagnosis of a dreadful life changing disease.

I know God hears our prayers ... remember to thank Him.

Blessed .... and remember  ....  It's not about the cancer ... It's all about Jesus.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment