Thursday, May 3, 2012

Half Way Point ...

Today I will take my 16th round of 33 rounds radiation treatments so I am roughly half way through.  Praise the Lord.  All is still going well.  This morning I am not seeing the red so much under my left arm.  Praise the Lord. Yesterday when Vanessa, Radiation Tech, got me all situated and lined up on the table and left the room to start the radiation ... I got an urgent need to cough.  Once I am lined up on the table, I do not move ... I barely breath for fear of messing up the alignment of my body and the radiation hitting something ... like my lung or heart ... that it is not supposed to it.  The machine always starts on the right side shooting left ... and when it got in position, I had to keep swallowing to keep from coughing.  The tickle in my throat was huge  ... Oh my gosh, I thought I have got to cough.  Once the radiation was finished on that side, I yelled "VANESSA" ... there are cameras and intercom systems in the room and they can see me outside the room where they control everything ... she didn't answer me because she didn't push the intercom button but she was hearing me.  In a second I heard the door opening and she came in and I told her I needed to cough and she said it was OK ... go ahead and cough.  She said she could see me on the camera and she ask me if I needed to sit up but I was OK.  I coughed and we got finished with the treatment.  I am so thankful for Vanessa and our early morning meetings.  Today is my x-ray day.  They x-ray me every Thursday to look at what ever they look at.  I am so thankful that they keep such a good watch on me.

I have blood check and appointment with Helena today.  I am anxious to see how my blood counts are doing.  I will let you know tomorrow.  Pray for a good report.

Praises:
*  My grand son is much better after being diagnosed ... again ... with strep throat.
*  My grand daughter is doing well after the tubes were put in her ears on Monday.
*  The Advil is helping my hip pain.  I guess I just needed to take more than two.
*  Great family.
*  Great friends.
*  Many many more things in my life.

Prayer Request:
*  My friend has a mammogram and sonogram today to check a lump that was found this week.
*  Unspoken prayer request for friends going through some troubled waters.
*  My friend, Wendi T., who has completed her 7th round of chemo.  Praise the Lord she has only one treatment to go.
*  My friend, S. F., as she continues to battle a second round of breast cancer in the form of skin cancer.
*  Those who have recently been diagnosed with a life changing disease.

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment