Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Sunday ...

Saturday morning found Alicia, Madelyn and I out to breakfast at my new favorite place.  Bluebonnet Cafe in Haltom City.  It's so good and such a sweet home town feel with all the folks that come in there.  I grew up in Haltom City and it will always have a special place in my heart.  As we were leaving the cafe, we walked by a table with three men sitting and having breakfast.  One of them caught my eye <smile> and he winked and said ... how ya doing?  I told him ... I am doing great.  This prompted about a ten minute conversation with all three of the guys telling me about women they knew who had gone through breast cancer.  The winking guy told me that not every one can pull off the bald look but he said I definitely could.  That may not mean much to anyone else, but it makes my heart sing.  A stranger who was nice, polite ... blessed me with his words.  I shared my blog cards with them and ask them to share the information with their sisters, wives, girlfriends ... who ever the women were in their lives.  God continues to put people in my path that bless me.

After breakfast we headed to Home Depot.  Alicia wanted to paint her bathroom.  We got paint and a few things she needed and I got a big bag of potting soil, more flower seeds and two crooked neck squash plants.  I'm all about the outdoors even when it's humid.  I had a fake (plastic) whiskey barrel pot and we planted sunflower seeds ... of all things ... I just want to see if they will grow ... in some hanging baskets planted alyssum (colored babys breath type plant) and some more morning glories in the pot by the arbor trellis.  It's warm enough now that these seeds should germinate pretty quick.  Alicia painted the bathroom and all I have to do today is put up the new light fixture.  Can't wait ... it'll look so nice.  

Pat and I went to Sherwin Williams Paint Store and got a quart of the paint that I wanted to try on the outside of my house.  I painted around the big garage door last night and .... SCORE .... it's perfect.  Now to proceed with getting the rotted wood replaced in the back, the new gutters put up and then the painters to come and paint the entire outside of the house.  I'm getting really excited.  I was dragging my feet because I had not found a color that was good with my brick but now I have.  Pictures to come.

After a quick lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and humus with potato chips <yicks>, I went to keep Braxton while Bonnie and Buddy went to an afternoon wedding.  Brax and I played a bit and then I put him down for a nap.  I read while he was down and napped a little myself ... woke up and read some more.  I'm reading Dorothy Newton's book title Silent Tears.  It's a tough read ... reading about all the abuse Dorothy has endured during her life but she hangs on to her faith and her God.  Pick a copy up and read ... it will bless you.


Braxton woke up after a good 2 hour nap and we cuddled and then played.  Mommy and Daddy got home and we visited and I left.  Of course it was Sonic happy hour so I had to run get a big unsweetened ice tea.

The evening was filled with dinner and cleaning up, picking some more tomatoes, propping up the anaheim pepper plant because it is so tall it is leaning.  Shower and reading ... then a good night sleep and here we are on Sunday morning.  Refreshed and ready to see what God has in store for today.

My radiation area only got moisturized once yesterday and I could really feel the stiffness last night.  I was happy to get my shower and then get some of the thick healing cream on the area.  I have done my lymph node drainage procedures this morning and moisturized. I plan to moisturize the area more today.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.



Blessings to all on this fine Lord's day.  




gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment