Monday, May 21, 2012

Saturday ... Sunday ... and Monday Morning ...

Saturday morning came around and boy was I glad.  My radiation area needed a break.  The area under my left arm is pretty red and tender.  I knew this was coming so there has been no surprises as far as the discomfort.  The skin on my chest is tight and leathery.  I have one more over all radiation treatment and then Tuesday the boost electron radiation begins in just the marked off area which is over my scar which is where my tumor was.  Praising the Lord that radiation is coming to an end.

It was a great weekend.  I cannot say that I did anything out of the ordinary ... all my days are special.  I look forward to getting up and putting my feet on the floor and getting the day started.  I finished the book I was reading, written by Julia Ziglar, Zig Ziglar's daughter ... Growing Up Ziglar.  It was a very good book.  The I started the Josh Hamilton book ... Beyond Belief.  Bonnie had told me that I wouldn't be able to put it down and she was right.  Oh my goodness Josh Hamilton walked through troubled waters and fire and flame to get to where he is today.  If you know someone who is an addict ... get them a copy ... pray that they will read it and get you a copy to gain insight on an addicts mind.

Today is my last over all radiation treatment.  The discomfort under my left arm is still here and I pray that it heals and gets better soon.  Tomorrow the 'boost' electron radiation begins which will focus on the area where my mean tumor was.

Yesterday I did my weekly cooking or most of it.  I baked a rack of pork ribs, a small pork loin roast and grilled some spinach and feta chicken burgers.  I cooked a batch of squash and roasted some fresh brussel sprouts.  We have some fresh tomatoes and avocados to make salad.  I find cooking this way sure makes dinner much easier during the week.  I am still lacking my appetite ... breakfast is my favorite meal and the remainder of the day, I eat very little.  I feel great though so I am not worried about my eating habits.

My grandbabies continue to be the apples of my eye.  What a joy they are ... even if they are fussy.  Next Wednesday, May 30, grand baby #3 will be here.  I'm looking forward to having another angel to spoil.

Time is drawing neigh for me to head out to radiation and work so I better close this post.  I hope you have a very pleasant Monday and remember to take care of your health.  You will be thankful you did.

Praises:
*  Six more radiation treatments.
*  Feeling good and hip pain has gotten so much better.
 New grand baby coming next week.
*  My survivor sisters that I keep in touch with.   
*  Many many more ...

Prayer Requests:
*  My survivor sisters, Judy, who is beginning her journey.
*  My survivor sister, Michelle, who continues on with her chemo.  
*  My survivor sister, Wendi.  
*  My survivor sister, Wendy in Amarillo.
*  My retired NWS friend whose wife, Shirley, is fighting many things including leukemia.  
*  All those who were recently diagnosed with a dreadful disease. 

Blessed ... Because He Lives!


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment