Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Exciting Times ....

Tuesday found me finishing up my 33 round of radiation.  It wasn't so bad but I am glad it is completed.  With every round came the reminder it came to mind ... zaapppp any remaining cancer cells that could be in the area.  I truly appreciated the radiation techs - Vanessa and Billy - they are the sweetest and always explained anything to me and answered all my questions.  Thank you Vanessa and Billy.

TODAY ... my new grandbaby arrives.  It is scheduled for Bonnie to be taken in for c-section at noon.  I can't wait.  My prediction ... Baby girl (Brooklyn Leigh) weighing in at 6 lbs 11 oz, 18 1/2 maybe 19 inches long, dark hair (like Bonnie's was when she was born).  I told Bonnie this last night and she said .. Mom, are you doing mental telepathy and laughed.  I just told her ... This is what I think.  I can't wait for the new little one to get here.  Braxton is getting to spend the night(s) with Grammy and Aunt Lish while Mommy and Daddy are at the hospital.  I am telling you that God is amazing ... the timing during all of my treatments has worked out well for all the holidays and just yesterday I finished my radiation. During my surgery and treatments, I have not been able to help much with Braxton and Madelyn so I am thankful to get to be part of this experience.  Praising the Lord ...

Yesterday the guys I work closely with took me to lunch to celebrate the completion of radiation.  My immediate supervisor made a toast for the completion of this leg of my journey.  These guys are the sweetest and great to work for and with.  Thank you guys.

Many Praises:
*  Radiation treatments are complete.
*  I feel good and my energy levels continue to get better.
*  God continues to put many wonderful people in my path and I get to share His awesome love and what He has done for me.
*  The amazing women that are going through the same thing as I am.  We share our experiences and lift each other up in prayer.
*  My incredible family who have supported me through the last seven months.
*  Wonderful friends who have given me encouragement just when I needed it most.
*  Opportunities to help others.  I have always said ... there is no question that I won't answer.
*  Many many other praises.

Prayer Requests:
* My friend, Judy, has her double mastectomy today.  The recent lumpectomy showed there was more cancer than original diagnosed.
*  Leslie, who has two more radiation treatments.
*  Wendi and Michelle as they continue through remaining treatments and the side affects that follow ... even when the chemo is finished.
*  Wendy, in Amarillo, as she continues through her treatments and has such a great positive attitude.
*  Shirley, as she continues her battle.
*  Anyone diagnosed recently with a dreadful disease.
I'm happy to pray for you and yours.  Please email me and I would love to pray for you.

I have concerns for several people today.  I want everyone to be healthy and not take good health for granted.  You cannot continue abusing your body with too much food, drink (alcohol), smoking, inactivity, stress and other things ... expecting your body to continue holding up.  You body will eventually give out and who knows what will happen.  Please take care of yourself and know your body is God's temple and should be taken care of as such.  I find comfort using one of my precious Jarrod verses ...

Psalm 138:8   The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Thy loving kindness, O LORD is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Thy hands.

As I close today, I give all the Praise to my sweet Jesus.  He has walked with me and talked with me, He has carried me during those times that I couldn't carry myself.  He wants my focus on Him and not the worries or concerns of my world.  I bring Him my issues and He handles everything.  

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment