Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Radiation and a Few Other Things ...

I have now taken 14 radiation treatments and that means there's only l9 to go.  Praise the Lord!  It is going well, I must say.  My skin is turning red under my left arm and feels tender.  I keep it moisturized with the Remedy lotion that I get at the pharmacy.  I feel very tired and I don't know if it's the radiation or if I am just tired.  The tired seems to follow me everywhere ... but I'm dealing with it.  I would rather be tired than feeling the effects of chemo.  I just keep counting down every day when I am finished with every treatment.

My eye brows continue to fall out and my eye lashes are getting mighty thin.  I didn't use eye liner today so what little lashes I have remaining, you can see.  I am going to ask for a prescription of the LaTesse (spelling not sure).  It is the stuff that makes your eye lashes grow and I hear it is pretty expensive but praying insurance will pick up some of the cost since it's due to the chemo.

My hips continue to hurt.  The pain I feel is in my bones and not my muscles.  I tried the Advil and it didn't seem to help so I told Alicia, my daughter, I was going to save my liver and just deal with the pain. I just pray it goes away and doesn't take up residence permanently.

I have blood check and appointment with Helena on Thursday.  I am anxious to see what my blood counts are and if they have gone up to at least almost normal levels.  At this appointment I will discuss the hip pain, the eye lash stuff and anything else that comes to mind.

All in all I think I'm doing well and I am so thankful.  I'm tired so I am going to cut it short tonight.  I wanted you to know that I am still here and still plugging along.  Going to start reading the book of Jeremiah tonight.  I was listening to Pastor Robert Morris' sermon from Sunday and he used a Bible called ... The Messenger Bible.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I am going to look on Amazon and see how much they are.

Praises:
*  My grand daughter's ear tube surgery went well yesterday.
*  Only 4 weeks and I get to meet my new grand baby.
*  I got to keep Braxton Sunday afternoon.
*  My survivor sisters whom I love dearly.
*  My family who I love even more.
*  Many many more things that I am thankful for.

Prayer Request:
*  A dear close friend of mine has found a lump and will be getting it checked out soon.
*  Unspoken request.  God knows.
*  My survivor sisters who continue taking their chemo treatments.  These ladies need our prayers.  Chemo is pretty grueling.
*  All continues to go well with my radiation.

Philippians 4:19

19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

I leave you today with a heart full of love and prayers for many blessings to come your way.
Blessed.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment