Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday This and That!

My day started off at 6:00am with a round of radiation.  The other day I counted seconds for this 'boost' radiation and it lasted 18 seconds.  I may have already told you that but I'm telling you again because my memory is lacking. <laughing>  Today was treatment #33 and next Tuesday will be my last treatment.  I will miss all my early morning friends but as normal ... I will be glad that it is over.   Another part of the journey complete.

On my way home from radiation (because I was off today), I stopped at Busy B Bakery ... big mistake.  I got six kolaches and three sausage rolls.  You see I have more than one addiction ... donuts/pastries, as well as, the the Welch's Fruit Snacks (I just finished two packages of those).  I ended up eating four kolaches and one sausage roll.  I could not believe it ... well maybe I could ... because I am addicted to pastries.  I very seldom have such sweet delights ... once I eat the first one, keep the rest of them out of the way.  Quick story ... when I was just out of high school and working, my Mother would fix me a can of biscuits (10) every morning while I was getting ready for work.  I would eat every single biscuit slathered in butter and preserves/jelly and if my brother or sister ask for one, I would get really irritated.  I never had a weight problem as I was moving and shaking all the time.  I reckon I better be careful now because I ain't moving and shaking quite as much as I did back them.

Little bunny Fu Fu has visited my garden and I cannot believe what he has chosen to eat.  One of my  JALEPENO PEPPER plants including the leave.  If you remember the story of little bunny Fu Fu, the good witch catches him and boops him in the head.  Well I don't plan on doing that but I do plan on keeping the little booger out of my garden.

Above:  Do you see what little bunny Fu Fu
has done to this plant?

Above:  A bell pepper in the top right corner.
Destroyed jalepeno pepper plant in the
foreground.
I know his mouth had to be burning because these jalepenos are hot hot hot.  Why couldn't he have eaten the anaheim pepper plants or the HOT cherry pepper plants?

Above:  The hottest cherry peppers ever.
No, it had to be one of my favorites.  <laughing sort of>  I try to keep sunflower seeds thrown out at night so the animals will stay away from my garden.  We may be putting a little fence around the gardens soon... I don't care what it looks like.  <smile>

Recently I posted my redneck water sprinkler system and I had friend ask me how I did it.  It is really easy and it does get my front yard watered with only one move of the sprinkler system. <laughing>

Above:  Step 1 ... Connect a water hose to the
faucet.

Above:  Step 2 ... Send the dog in tothe yard to
ward off mean old spirits (laughing).  Connect
the water hose to a sprinkler that has a connection
on both sides so you can run an additional water
hose out the other side of the sprinkler to
connect another sprinkler.

Above:  Tell the dog to get in the way of the
picture taking before you snap the picture.
Just above Tootie's back is the other sprinkler.
One of the sprinklers goes round and round and
the other one goes back and forth.  Covers
a lot of ground.  It was worth the $30 and the effort
for me.

The other night we had baked potatoes for dinner ... stuffed with butter (my butter of course is the healthy Benacol), cheese and Jimmy Dean's breakfast sausage... and ... I must say they were so good.  When I was cooking the potatoes in the microwave, one of them was rocking back and forth so I grabbed my iPhone and videoed it.  I think this is what is meant when they said .... Hot Potato.... Turn your sound up because of course I had to narrate.   <laughing>

Oh ... my eye brows and eyelashes are growing back.  I even had to shape up one of my eye brows one day this week... it was getting a little unruly.  My new eyelashes are tiny but they are there.  My hair on my head is starting to fill in across the top.  And I must mention ... my nose hair is grown back as well.  I am so thankful for all of it.

I'm off now to go look at a Sherwin Williams Paint store for paint samples to paint the outside of my house.  I haven't had much luck with the other two places ... Kelly Moore or Home Depot.  I have a color of brick that I think is hard to match or at least coordinate the colors and this is kinda a big deal. Wish me luck.

Praises:
 Radiation has gone  and  I have only one treatment remaining.
*  The people I have met while taking my radiation early in the mornings.  The girl at the front desk,
the man who is after me with his treatments, the security guard.  All sweet people.
*  This extra day off, making for a four day weekend.
*  The hour and half nap I just took.
*  So much more....

Prayer Requests:
*  My friend, B, who is waiting the results of  a diagnostic breast sonogram.
*  My survivor sisters ... Wendi, Michelle, Leslie, Wendy ... who continue to take their treatments.
*  My long time friend, Judy, who is beginning her own journey.
*  My friend, Shirley, who is fighting a tough battle with leukemia.
*  Those who have just gotten a bad diagnosis of a dreadful life changing disease.


Look around and see the all your blessings.  Do not take a single one of them for granted.  Our sweet Jesus gave it all for us.  You and me!  Thank Him today.

Blessed and praying blessings for you.  

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment