Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Terrific Tuesday Opening It's Doors ...

Just curious as to how you will welcome this terrific Tuesday morning?  Will you welcome it with a frown and say ... hurry up 5:00pm and let's get this day over with or will you open your arms, give the day a big hug and say ... bring it on terrific Tuesday?  I chose the later.  I have put a smile on my face and will give it all I've got.  My day will begin with a stop for radiation at 6:00am this morning and then on to work. I will work through any aches and pains that may come my way and concentrate on others and not on myself.  This is my choice ... and I am at peace.  I have nothing to worry about because I know God has everything under control and He already knows what will happen today.

When you think you have problems, come back to this blog post and take a look at this picture.  I do not know the story behind this little boy not having legs ... but what I do see is ... he is pushing forward with a smile.  If this little guy can do it, so can we.


Yesterday morning after radiation, I saw Dr. C. for our Monday morning check in.  He looked at my radiation area for a quick check to see that everything is looking OK.  To be quite honest with you, other than the radiation area that is browner than the rest of my chest and a little tenderness under my left arm, I think I am handling the radiation well.  I can assume I am feeling a little fatigue but I am pushing through it with plans to get my strength back.

My hips were pretty painful yesterday for some reason but I was able to walk half a mile during the day at work.  I had plans to walk at least a mile but didn't quite make it.  This morning I woke about 3:30am freezing, ended up putting my turbin on my head that hangs on my bed post (haven't had to do that in forever), got warm and then decided to get up at 4:00am and get this day rolling.  I have to admit I usually dread getting up in the mornings because of my hips but this morning the pain was not there when I got up.  None.  Answered prayer?  I do believe so and I always stop to say ... Thank you sweet Jesus.

My eyebrows are beginning to grow back and I believe I can see some teeny tiny eye lashes too.  I have a few lashes coming in on the top and the bottom as well.  The lashes on the bottom are not long enough to put mascara on but they will get there.  Last night I got online to check the side effects of the Latesse and it says to not put the product on your lower lid.  I could not figure out why ... and yes, I have been putting it on my lower lids ... well it seems that the product can cause the lower lashes to grow as long as the top lashes.  For some reason this is kinda funny to me ... think about it.  Someone having long lashes on the bottom like the top.  Guess I should be careful putting this on my lower lid too much.  Oh yea ... one night last week, I put some on my eyebrow area too.  When I discovered my new eyebrows, I wondered it this stuff was like fertilizer ... promoting growth?  I guess it kind of is.  <smile>

My hair on my head is growing, not at an extremely fast rate but growing.  I am praying the hair on top comes on and catches up with the hair on the sides.  It's still fuzz and probably wouldn't show up in a picture yet ... but I promise I will post a picture soon.

Tonight I want to try to get to yoga at the Joan Katz Breast Center.  It starts at 6:00pm which is in a high traffic time but I think I can do it.  I'll let you know if I make it and how it goes.

Praises:
*  Hip pain has decreased this morning.
*  Eyebrows, eyelashes and hair.
*  After today's radiation, I have nine treatments remaining.
*  Over all feeling good.  Good health.
*  Energy.
*  So many more blessings ...

Prayer Requests:
*  All my survivor sisters who are still in chemo and/or radiation treatments.  I love everyone of ya'll.  We are in this together and we are SURVIVORS.
*  An unspoken request.  God knows.
*  Those going through a new diagnosis of a dreadful disease.
*  My friend, M. S. friend who has been diagnosed with cancer ... all over.  Pray for ease of pain and pray for the spouse who is tending this person.


Matthew 6:26-28

26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

Blessings for this terrific Tuesday.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment