Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Little Lunch and A Lot of Chat ...

Friday I had lunch with one of my survivor sisters, Leslie and our mutual friend, Donna.  Such a small world sometimes ... I started chatting with Leslie one day during chemo and ask her where she worked.  She told me and I ask her if she knew Donna and to my surprise, it ended up they were best friends.  We were able to get together yesterday and catch up in many areas ... Leslie and I as well as Donna and I.  We met at B J Brewhouse by NE Mall ... really enjoyed my salad and all the chat.  Poor Donna was subjected to Leslie and I talking about cancer treatments, side affects, radiation, etc.  Dear Donna, if you read this blog ... please know that next time we will not talk about cancer and treatments.  It was a lovely lunch and being together was a blessing to me.

When I left lunch, I ran by Kohl's.  I had my 20% off coupon and a $10 in Kohl's cash that I found in Alicia's room.  I figured I would see what I could find and I haven't been shopping in a while.  As it turns out, I found some blouses and a wonderful pair of Skecher's sandals.  My feet aren't the best so it is a requirement that I buy good shoes.  Anyway ... I got to the check out and the young man rang me up and I handed him my Kohl's cash and 20% off coupon and he said why don't you pick one of these scratch offs and see if you get a 30% off.  I picked one and it was 15% off so I said ... Can I draw again?  He let me and another 15% off ... I laughed and said ... well you could combine them and make 30% off ... and HE DID.  So with my 30% off and my $10 Kohl's cash I had quite a lot taken off my purchase.

Not sure what today has in store ... whatever it is ... I'm up for it.  I got the house straightened and cleaned yesterday and all the laundry done.  I love my Friday's off.  What's on tap for your weekend?  Leave me a comment ...

A few pictures of what I saw this morning as I stepped out on the back patio.

Above:  A morning glory bloomed this morning
after the rains.  This is the trellis by the patio.

Above:  Left:  Herb and pepper garden.

Above:  Tomato garden in middle and cucumber squash bed on
right.

Above:  The fountain.

Above:  Trellis' along the back fence.

Above:  Official NWS rain gauge.  I think we got at least 4 inchs
of rain.  I had failed to empty the gauge from last shower.

Above:  Mimosa tree.
Praises:
*  My survivor sister, Judy, came through her lumpectomy on Thursday and was up and about yesterday.
*  My survivor sister, Wendi T., doesn't have to take her last round of chemo which was scheduled for Monday.
*  Seeing and catching up with my survivor sister, Leslie, as well as seeing, Donna, a long time friend.
*  Only 11 radiation treatments remaining.
*  New grand baby will be here May 30.
*  The rain we got yesterday.  Unfortunately my my son in law's shed he was building, blew over.  Damage unknown at this time.
*  Mother's Day is tomorrow and I'm here to celebrate with my girls.  I'm so happy that they are Mothers and celebrate this day with me.

Prayer Requests:
*  My friend, Debbie K. who lost her son last week in a horribly tragic auto accident.
*  My survivor sister, Wendy L. in Amarillo, as she continues through her chemo treatments.
*  My survivor sister, Michelle, as she continues with her final chemo treatments.
*  Anyone who has recently found out they have a dreadful disease.
*  My remaining radiation treatments.

Thank you for your continued prayer, support and love.  I continue to say that I am blessed beyond measure.

John 1:16  From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

Blessed ...


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment