Thursday, December 29, 2011

Abundance

Do you ever think about abundance?  What does that word mean to you?  Money? Wealth? Prestige?  I have been thinking about abundance and the amount of it in my life.  It holds no money meaning to me but rather the abundance of everything in my life.  I believe God provides us with so much abundance and sometimes we do not realize that is what it is.  When you pray, what do you pray for?  I pray for everything all the way down to parking spots.  Yes, I pray for parking spots.  I had someone tell me one time (and he didn't appreciate his abundance) that I was wasting my prayers and God was not hearing my prayers for a parking spot.  I told him that God hears all my prayers even if it's for a parking spot.  And what happens when I get that close parking spot, well first I thank God and then my heart sings because I had expected to find that spot and there it was and that's abundance.

Dictionary.com defines abundance:

a·bun·dance

  [uh-buhn-duhns]
noun
1.
an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply:
2.
overflowing fullness: abundance of the heart.


Just think about needing something ... let's say you are sitting on the couch and you need an ink pen.  Now it's going to require you to get up and go find a pen but suddenly you look on the end table and there lies a pen.  You looked at that table expecting to see that pen and there it was.  That's abundance.  Abundance comes in many forms of things/happenings/events in our lives.  It is not coincidence, it is abundance.

We are all abundantly blessed with family, friends, homes, food, cars, jobs and the list could go on and on.  Abundance is not coincidence ... abundance is an overflowing of love from our God and our faith.  It is my belief that God has abundantly blessed me and I am so thankful.  You may say, "But Gena you had cancer" ... First off, God did not give me the cancer but He has been here to get me through --- that's abundance.  

Today consciously think about your abundance.  Don't grumble and complain that you have to get up and go to work today ... throw your leg over the side of the bed, get up and say "I can't wait to get to work".  Realize your abundance in everything.  When you do, you will find a happiness within and your heart will sing.  

 1 Timothy 1:14-16  
14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 



John 10:10  

 10 The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.


It's your abundance, recognize it and be thankful. 
Blessings!

 gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment