Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Monday ...

This morning found me headed back to the office after not being there since Monday, October 17 ... the day before my surgery.  I was a little overwhelmed with grabbing this and grabbing that ... after all I wasn't going to be where I could go to the kitchen and grab a snack if I needed one.  It all turned out well.  It is good to see everyone and be back even it's for just one week until the next round of chemo.

I had to leave early to get my blood work and am happy to report that the most of the counts are really back up.  While in the lab area, I ran in to the lady who was taking her last chemo treatment last Monday.  She said it all went well with just a smidge of nausea.  Praise the Lord.  We chatted pretty extensively about our hair loss and she enlightened me on several things in the hair loss area.  She was such a pleasure to talk to and in the midst of our conversation, she said she has a three year old.  This tells me she's pretty young and yes, she had breast cancer.  I can only pray that this blog will reach many women and save lives.  You are never too young to have breast cancer.

While I was at the Center, the wig place called and said my altered wig was ready so I was able to run out and get my other wig.  It's very similar to the one pictured below but the hair is straighter and it is not highlighted.  I like both of my wigs very well.  Speaking of hair, I've been told you will be able to tell when you are getting ready to lose your hair because your scalp will feel funny.  I am now reporting that my scalp is feeling funny so I figure the hair loss is just on the horizon.  That's ok ... I'm ready.  I've mourned the hair and now I gotta let it go.

Other than a trip back down to Mexia to the dentist to get my permanent crown, that should be all the appointments I have this week.  Praise the Lord.

I wanted to share a piece I read in the daily devotional.  This spoke volumes to me.  I'm so thankful for my Jesus Calling devotional book that I use.

      LET MY PRESENCE override everything that you experience.  Like a luminous veil of Light, I hover over you and everything around you.  I am training you to stay conscious of Me in each situation you encounter.
      When the patriarch Jacob ran away from his enraged brother, he went to sleep on a stone pillow in a land that seemed desolate.  But after dreaming about heaven and angels and promises of My Presence, he awoke and exclaimed:  "Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it."  His discovery was not only for him but for all who seem Me.  Whenever you feel distant from Me, say: "Surely the Lord is in this place?"  Then, ask Me to give you awareness of My Presence.  This is a prayer that I delight to answer.  


Personally what I got from this message was:  All I have to ask is for God to make me aware once again that He is with me in any place or circumstance that might come up.  He never leaves us, we leave Him.  I'm thankful I have Him to walk beside me during this journey and I know on those days that I just can't make it, He carries me.  Thank you Lord.

Leaving today a little tired and a heart filled with love.
Blessings!

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment