Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Let's Talk About Hair ... and other things

Monday and Tuesday of this week I was in a struggle within myself.  I was emotional and felt a little burden in my heart.  All these emotions stemmed from my hair.  As I have mentioned before ... it's just hair and it is and I really feel that way but ... it is very emotional knowing that you are going to lose it all.  My sweet sister in law and I had talked on Monday night and she offered to come cut my hair for me and all I could think about was the fact that 29 years ago she also cut all my Mother's hair off.  The emotions just kept flooding my heart.  On Tuesday I called her and ask her to cut it for me.

She is such a sweet person and came here to my house.  When she walked in the talking began and I felt better already.  I got in my chair and she began scissor cutting to get the long stuff off because the plan was to buzz it off.  I am so thankful for our gift of gab because it was such a wonderful distraction.  Originally we were just gonna buzz it off with the clippers but instead she ended up pulling on it and telling me how connected it still was and she scissored it into a spikey short style.  I don't know who put all that blonde color on there <sly smile> but when that was cut off, I realized how dark my hair really is.  It's brown.  She spiked it up and it is very cute.  Short and cute.  I love it.  I know now what my hair style will be when my hair grows back.  It will be a little longer and yes, probably some blonde tips thrown in.  I am now going to look for a spikey wig.


Once my hair was cut and spiked, all my emotions settled down and I was ok.  I faced my fear and it didn't get the best of me. Yes, it's just hair and it doesn't define me but no matter which way you cut this pie ... it is emotional for a woman to lose her hair.

When I began this blog I said I wanted to share everything about my journey.  So what is everything?  Only the good ... only the good with a little of the bad .... or do I share all of the journey?  Well I decided in order to be completely open and honest about this journey, I had to share everything.

So let's talk about CON-STI-PA-TION.  I am of firm belief that those clear bags of poison that was filtered into my body last Monday had some clear cement in them as well.  I have shared with you how much I seem to have to eat these days and we will call that input.  With input on just about anything, there should be output.  I believe the clear cement that was in those bags began stopping my pipes up the middle of last week and well there was no output.  However, I had to continue eating every 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  Each time I ate more food, I kept wondering about my pipes being clogged.  Roto Rooter wasn't an option and I didn't feel like exercising.  Alverna bought me some Milk of Mag ... which is yet another pill to take (believe me with chemo there are plenty of pills that I have to take) but I succumbed to take one.  One should do the trick.  NOT!  Next came the prunes.  I happen to be weird and love prunes so I ate them.  NOTHING!  Finally the clogged pipes began to work again after a week.  My friend, Elizabeth, who just completed her journey, sent me a recipe for Magic Muffins which has Raisin Bran in it.  She said the recipe should carry a disclaimer that one a day is enough.  By my next chemo treatment, there will be frozen Magic Muffins in my freezer, ready for thawing, butter slather and eating.

Today the weather should warm up to the 40's and I plan to get out in the sunshine and fresh air and walk up and down the street.  Helena told me on Monday she wanted me to start walking ... I made the mistake of asking if she meant with my next chemo ... she said "NO, NOW!"  That was enough for me.  Yes ma'am, I'll be walking today.

*** Cancer has taken my boobs, chemo will take my hair.  My heart is filled with Jesus and nothing can take that from me.***   Praising my Lord along my journey.

Jarrod Verse
Psalms 28:6-8
Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplication. The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults.  And with my song I shall thank Him.      

Blessings!

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment