Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Work Day 2 ...

I had a busy and very productive day at work today.  After work I had an appointment so I didn't get home until 12 1/2 hours after I left this morning.  I'm tired tonight but it's been a very good day.

My hair is officially falling out.  It's kinda annoying so I plan to find me some clippers tomorrow evening and buzz off as much as possible.  When I was talking to my survivor sister at The Center on Monday (the lady who was just finishing up her last chemo last week), she mentioned that the hair she looked forward to growing back MOST was her nose hair.  NOSE HAIR!  I didn't think about that hair but it all made sense.  For over a week now I couldn't figure out why when my nose would run, it just ran right on out.  HELLO!  When I looked, it all made sense.  There wasn't much getting in the runners way.  <laughing>  Now you may think this is gross but I said I would share everything on this blog.  Who ever thought about nose hair?  Not me.  I continue to learn things on this journey of mine.

I continue to work my arms with hopes that one day I won't have such a pull on the under side muscle on my left arm where the lymph node dissection was done.  I do my windmills and my towel stretches at least twice a day.  This is a slow process (but then again I a type A and want everything to be fixed yesterday).  God continues to work on my patience, doesn't He?  Thank you Lord.

I continue to count my many many blessings.
* I work for an awesome agency who has been and continues to be so supportive.
* I love feeling good and having high energy.
* So thankful for the good blood count report on Monday.
* I was able to walk a mile yesterday and it feels so good to be active.
* My eating has leveled off and while I still need an occasional snack, I am back to a regular three meal a day eating routine.  Good meals too.  I still don't have much taste but at least not everything is bitter right now.
* Thankful for the little stickiness under my left arm where the lymph node dissection was done.  Stickiness means I may be sweating just a tad under that arm and I'm told that is good.  Thank you Lord for the stickiness.
**** So many many things to be thankful for.

Prayer Request:
In the last week I have had two friends share with me that they have women friends who have recently found out they have breast cancer.  Please pray for these ladies as they begin this journey.  I know they are probably scared and the unknown is so hard.  My heart reaches out to them.

Praise:
God is so good to me and I praise Him for all He has done for me.  Seems a mere thank you is not enough but to our awesome Father, it is.

My nephew shared a wonderful blog post from a woman and an A&M football player.
http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/5/Topics/2004780  Please take the take to read this incredible story.  It brought tears to my eyes.

Hoping your Christmas season is going beautiful and you are not overwhelmed with all the commercial but instead putting the focus on the real reason for Christmas.

I am blessed and I send you blessings!


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment