Monday, December 5, 2011

In My Bubble

This morning I have an appointment for lab work which will check my white blood cell count.  It's amazing to me that this particular count can be bottomed out yet I had so much energy yesterday.  It was wonderful powerful energy.  I felt great and ate good and enjoyed my grandbabies for most of the day.  My sweet friend, Elizabeth, who just completed her journey, told me during the second week after chemo she stayed in her house (bubble) to avoid any germs or sick people.  I'm very blessed that I can work from home and stay in and away from people.  Blood work again next Monday will prayerfully show the counts on the rise which could allow me to go to the office.  The following week, the chemo routine begins all over again.

For some reason when I think about my little bubble, I think about the song from Cinderella ... In My Own Little Corner.  Do you remember that song?  Here are a few of the lyrics ...
Cinderella: I'm as mild and as meek as a mouse
When I hear a command I obey.
But I know of a spot in my house 
where no one can stand in my way.
In my own little corner in my own little chair
I can be whatever I want to be.

I goggled the lyrics because all I could really remember of the words .... In my own little corner in my own little world, I can be whatever I want to be ...  OK, so this is corny but I've decided I could be a chef in my little corner of the world.  What???? ... you are asking?  Well I have become addicted to the Food Network.  It is so cool how much I've learned from those cooking shows.  I even told my girls if they had not gotten me something for Christmas, I would like an emulsifier.  <laughing>  Alicia was telling Bonnie and my sister, "Yea she wants it to thicken her soups and stews."  Well that caused a big laugh... But I still think it's a pretty cool little gadget.

I have some questions for the Oncologist Nurse Practitioner, Helena, this morning and I need to write those down.  Sleep habits have changed and even taking the Ambien, I wake up about 1:00am every morning and I'm ready to get up.  Maybe it's because I'm just a high energy kinda gal or my sister suggested maybe I wasn't tired or maybe it's just an effect of the chemo.  I will let you know what I find out.

I love the cold and rainy weather.  We needed it drastically.  I can say that because I'm not out in it but if I were, I would still enjoy.  After the hot scorching summer we had, it is a welcome break.  I wish it would snow here however, Channel 5 says the snow is further north of us.

Praises:
* God is with me and His endless love and comfort is amazing.
* Great day yesterday with high high energy.
* Precious time with both my grandbabies, my sister and my girls.
* Great appetite.  Dinner was broiled pork chops, sauteed squash, baked sweet potato.  AND Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate ice cream with milk it in for a treat last night.

Prayer Request:
* For all those on the roads today traveling to work.  Be safe
* Blood counts
* Pray for those who could be starting their very first chemo treatment today.
* That we all remember what Christmas is about.

I would love to hear from you.  Send me an email at the email address below and let me know what's going on in your world.

Blessings!
gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment