Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

My most precious gift in my whole life did not come in a box marked Tiffany with bright colored paper but rather a little baby who was born in in a stable and had His first bed in a manger.  I accepted this gift when I was young in my teens.  With this gift came eternal life. There could never be another gift so grand.  He alone has given me the peace and comfort that I have needed to walk this temporary journey of breast cancer.   Thank you Lord for the ultimate gift of your Son.
Happy Birthday Sweet Jesus.

I am praising the Lord this morning for a good nights sleep and waking at a decent hour (5:30ish am).  I've had some coffee and gotten my make up on and will be dressed here shortly.  I am so thankful for feeling good and being able to be up and about with my family as we celebrate Christmas.

Tonight we will celebrate with a simple but one of my favorite meals.  Mexican food.  It won't be the traditional big spread that we usually have on Christmas Eve when my whole family is here but a little toned down version.  Tostatos are on the menu for tonight and I can't wait.  Just can't wait.  I love Mexican food and have high hopes of being able to taste everything.  My sister and her sons, Alicia and Madelyn and if Bonnie and Buddy and Braxton can make it, will gather around my too small dining table and fellowship and eat.  I'm so looking forward to it.  My brother and his family will be missing but he felt that would be best due to my lower immune system at this time.

Christmas morning we will celebrate with 'big breakfast' as we always do.  In the afternoon we will be joined by Bonnie, Buddy, and Brax for our family Christmas celebration of opening gifts and more food.  Brisket, baked beans and cole slaw are on the menu for tomorrow afternoon/evening.  Can't wait for that either.  My sister will slow cook the brisket in the oven all seasoned up and I will make my wonderful baked beans.  The cole slaw we will either make or get at Sammie's BBQ.  Simple meals but very tastey.

Yesterday afternoon we got a visit from my other daughter, Stephanie, and her hubby, Scott and their little girl Peyton.  Stephanie has been part of our family for at least 15+ years and she is such a sweet heart.  She calls me Mama Gena and I call her my daughter.  They had bought me a Christmas gift and it made me want to cry.  They are such sweet caring young folks and I am so blessed that they are part of my family.
Stephanie had ordered me a little hat and I love it.  Of late, bald has been my preferred method of being and slowly but surely the hats and tams are taking over my preference for head gear.  I have the two wigs I bought and if I need hair I will have it but after getting bald, comfort is my main goal.  And if you're wondering, there is some hair still hanging on to my head.  Recently my girls Dad was here for something and we compared shaved heads ... I told him he needed a haircut to get his hair as short as mine.  <laughing>  We both laughed.   I've been told that I sport 'bald' well.  I believe once a woman gets past the initial phase of going bald, the process of being bald gets easier.  It has for me and for that I'm so thankful.   Thank you Stephanie, Scott and Peyton.  I love you all three.

Last night the girls had Christmas Eve Eve with their Dad, Lu and Colton at Bonnie and Buddy's house.  They had a wonderful time and the food I heard was scrumptious.  This makes my heart smile as I know they had such special family time.  Christmas for a blended family can become very hectic and overwhelming sometimes but I am so thankful that the girls Dad and I are so flexible as far as scheduling.

I was able to catch up on my devotional readings last night and it was so good to be in the word of God.  I bought myself a New King James Version Bible Jesus - Calling Devotional Bible.  Jesus Calling is the devotional book I use and I just love it.  I love this new Bible as well.

OK, got some energy to burn and I hear little voices in the den so I better get off this computer and get with going with my day.

I want to wish you and yours the very Merriest Christmas of all.

Blessings!
gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment