Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Morning

I am happy to report I made it through Saturday.  I was able to eat a good breakfast with my sister, however, I really need to limit the amount of food I put in my tummy at one time.  Because I have lost weight since chemo began, I think my tummy is shrunk way down.  AND NO, I do not suggest chemo for anyone out there wanting to lose weight ... lose that thought right now... <smile>  Join Weight Watchers ... it's the best.  We had a good lunch, again, I ate too much and was miserable.  Lessons learned.  For dinner, I popped me a Banquet Turkey Pot Pie in the oven and could not wait for it to get done.  It was the most awesome thing I had eaten all day.  I think I may cook these ahead of time because I like them cooked in the oven so the crust gets all crunch and combined with the juices from the insides, it is so good.  It takes 40 minutes for them to cook so I really have to plan.  They are microwavable but I prefer the oven.  I could have eaten two of them but glad I didn't ... again, tummy overload.  NOTE:  Just put a pot pie in the oven for breakfast.

My energy from the day kinda diminished by early afternoon and I had to come get in the bed and rest.  It wasn't that I needed to sleep but lay down and rest.

I went to bed early last night primarily because I needed to lay down.  It seems so strange for me to be headed to bed at 6:30pm but boy, it sure feels good when I get there.  I was awake off and on all night.  At 1:00am, Ms. Tootie and I headed to the kitchen to get us 1/2 of a regular Arby's roast beef.  I had to upsize because the Jr. Arby's meat dries out really bad plus I wanted more meat.  After our snack, it was back to bed and an hour of TV and back to sleep until 4:00am.

I woke up at 4:00am feeling  good and decided to get up and turn the coffee on and fix my hair and put on make up.  BUT before I could get my hair done, a good sip of coffee gave me the energy to clean out the fridge and freezer.  I gotta tell you there was so much un-needed stuff in there that it was not even funny.  Three bags of trash later and both sides were cleaned out.  I thought ... hmmm I'll go for the pantry now.  NOT!  I don't think I had that much energy so I will get some help today to get that thing organized.  My daughter, Alicia, went to Sprout's yesterday and bought a lot of good organic produce, meats, pasta and eggs.  We should not have to buy groceries or take-out for a while.  Anyway, the fridge needed cleaning and so did the freezer.  Thankful for enough wonderful energy to get that accomplished ... all by 5:00am.

After that I decided it was time to tackle my hair and make-up so I did.  I want to share that while my hair is not falling out in clumps (thank you Lord), it is shedding.  Now most of you who know me, know that I have fine and kinda thin hair anyway but with the shedding, it's getting less and less.  I've been told that I will have a feeling come over my scalp that makes me realize my hair is getting ready to fall out.  Oh and by the way, everyone who has taken the chemo drugs that I am taking says, "You will most likely lose your hair by the 14th day after chemo and if you don't, do not think that you've escaped hair loss because on day 15, it will be all gone".  Okey dokey ... I have my wig ready and a bunch of head coverings that I've bought.  Hopefully today my dear sweet hair lady, Tamisha, can get by the house and buzz it off for me.  I don't want it just falling out by the handfuls.  Today was probably the last time I will need my hair dryer, styling gel and hair spray for some time.  What a money savings that will be.  You still must care for your scalp so washing and conditioner will be still part of my life.

I plan to get out of these pjs today even if I sit on the couch all day.  Of course my pjs are so comfy and snuggly but come on ... a girl needs to get dressed after about four days.  Maybe I'll be able to get out and take a ride in the car today.  We will see.

Alicia and Madelyn, Bonnie and Braxton met their step-Mom LuAnn and their little brother, Colton, at his school for Breakfast With Santa.  How I would have loved to be there but they took some pictures with my camera and I want to share.  These babies and sweet Colton make my heart sing.

 Sweet little Braxton did not exactly think he wanted to
sit in Santa's lap but what's a few tears when they are 
so young.  Tears or none, everyone needs a picture
with Santa ... every year.  

Madelyn 

Braxton

This is blurry but I thought it was so cute.
I figure he was NOT looking for Santa and Mrs. Claus.


Praise:
* Thankful for more energy.
* Thankful for my family who surrounds me and loves me even when I am probably not too loveable.
* Thankful for an understanding agency that I work for to allow me to work when I can.
* Thankful that God has brought me this far and He promises to never leave me.  How awesome is that?
* Thankful for the Food Network.  It has become my new obsession.
So much to be thankful for.

Prayer Request:
* Energy levels stay good.
* Blood counts tomorrow.
* My son-in-law and most of the men in his family who have taken their yearly hunting trip to Terlingua.  Pray for their safety while there and safe returns.
* All those who walk this journey with me.  We are all in need of prayer.

I pray for you my sweet friends.  I wish for you many blessings today.
NOTE:  Gotta go check the chicken pot pie I have in the oven.  Yummo!
Stay warm.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment