Friday, December 9, 2011

Fabulous Friday - Praising My Lord

This has been the most fabulous week.  God has continued to bless me in so many ways.  His love is amazing and as He surrounds me in his loving arms I feel His love and comfort.
Things that have happened this week ....

*  My blood counts were pretty good after the first round of chemo.
*  My energy level has been abounding.
*  I've been able to get a lot work done here in my bubble.
*  I've been with blessed four days in a row with both grandbabies here for dinner.
*  My appetite has calmed back down to pretty much three good meals a day ... and chocolate ice cream at night.  No midnight snacks.  YEA!
*  My weight has come back up to my normal weight.
*  I walked down and up four flights of stairs at the hospital yesterday.
*  I found a wonderful wig store in Hurst where I bought two more wigs that are so cute an comfortable and very affordable.  (Pictures to come)
*  I faced the 'hair demon' and my sweet sis-in-law came and cut my hair really short. By the way, it's still hanging on. I was told it would let loose by day 15 after chemo.
*  I developed some mouth sores from the chemo but it seems better this morning.
*  Last week after my chemo and not feeling well, I didn't get my left arm stretched as much and this week I've suffered from an extremely tight under arm muscle that has now contracted the muscle that runs down to my wrist.  I am working diligently now to get it stretched back out.
*  Everything I eat is bitter. (chemo)
*  When I was having such an emotional day on Tuesday, and along comes a beautiful flower arrangement of all colors of pink from a dear friend.  Thank you B.  (the pic doesn't do them justice)
*  I weathered a severe stomach bug attack on Wednesday morning.
*  The last two nights I have had uninterrupted sleep.  PRAISING THE LORD for this.
*  I looked out the kitchen window yesterday morning and there was a beautiful gold finch on my feeder.  I love my birds.  These little creatures make me so happy and I love feeding them.
*  I won't go into details but I thank God for the excellent health insurance I have.  They pay for things that I had no idea they would pay for.  PRAISING THE LORD for this wonderful insurance.

It has truly been a wonderful week of good feeling good and good energy.  God has been so good to me and to Him I give all the praise.

Sweet Jarrod spoke to me through some new scripture that his Mom shared with me.

Jarrod verses:
James 1:2-4
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance have its' perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  
James 1:12
Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

There are so many things that I have to be thankful for ... including the bumps in the road during this journey.  The bumps seem to teach me something new and how or how not to do something.  I have to keep in mind that I am a virgin on this breast cancer journey and I never know what is ahead but my awesome Father does so I continue walk with faith and know that He has it all figured out.  

I close today with a full heart, a rested body, short hair and a love for all who are reading  this blog.  Our Father is waiting to hear from you today so talk to Him.  1 Thessalonians 5:17 ... pray without ceasing ... do it and you will be glad you did.


Love and many blessings to each and everyone.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment