Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Monday - Chemo Round 2

As I posted yesterday, the steroids began and offered up much energy to my already high energy.  Sunday morning I kept both my grandbabies while their Mommy's ran to Kohl's to spend Kohl's cash that my sister and I had accumulated and was expiring yesterday as well as the 30% off coupon I had gotten in the mail.  Their savings amounted to $246 and my oldest ended up spending $25 of her own money and my youngest spent $35.  I don't remember how much they said they actually spent because they were so impressed by their savings.  Anyway, the babies and I crawled around on the floor going from toy room to den where there are more toys.  We had snacks ... all of us .. mine was my beloved fruit cake. Yum!  I made a grocery store run and bought us lunch.  My sweet cousin, Reta, came by and brought me a plant and we had a good visit.  After Reta left, it was time to begin cooking.

I started a pot of beans and beef and vegetable soup.  My sister has been very sick so I made her another pot of potato soup.  I made a different recipe for bran muffins (remember earlier post?).  My recipe includes raisins and pineapple and I think has more flavor than the original muffins I made.  I made cornbread muffins and rice for both the beans and vegetable soup, if wanted.  It all tastes really good to me right now.  Praise the Lord.

After all the cooking, I was able to get out and walk up and down my street twice with my little Tootie.  I needed the fresh air and I thought it would help her as she was throwing up.  I gave her a little Pepto Bismol thinking that might settle her tummy but it didn't.  This morning she has thrown up just a tad and I think there was blood in it.  I will somehow get her to the doggie doctor, if not today, tomorrow for sure.  I have to leave for my chemo at 10:30 so that doesn't give me enough time to get her to the doctor today.

After downloading a "free" book on my Kindle app on my Android tablet and starting the book and reading, combined with all the activity of the day did make me tired but guess what, steroids really do not care if you are tired.  I was actually pretty wide awake at 10:30pm when I decided I might try to get in bed to sleep.  After some tossing and turning, I drifted off to sleep only to wake at 1:30am and stay awake, watched some TV until 3:00am when I drifted back off until 3:50am.  Got up and made the coffee and here I am.  Since I know what to expect, it's not so bad.  I know the sleep will come in due time.

AND it's official this morning .... my hair is falling out.  Somewhat at an annoying stage right now so I'm thinking it's time for the shortest buzz with the clippers.

I will be on annual leave this week as I have 40+ hours that I must use or lose.  I'm so thankful to have saved my leave and have it to use during this time.  Yes, I'm blessed.

Praises:
* Great weekend

Prayer Request:
* My sister as she returns to work today
* My nephews as they travel home on Thursday
* All those walking this journey as new journeyers
* Chemo round two goes as well as chemo round one


James 1:12


 12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.


Blessing ... make it a good day!
gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment