Friday, December 23, 2011

Closing Out Chemo Week - Treatment #2

I made it through round 2 of the chemo.  My eating has been a little more off this time as well as my water drinking this time but all is improving every day.  Wednesday seemed to be my bad day as far as energy and over all feeling cruddy and I'm glad I'm past that.  I did get out Wednesday afternoon and Tootie and I walked up and down the street twice so I felt that an accomplishment.

Of course I'm always on a search for food I can taste so yesterday I made chicken and dumplings ... but ... I used a lot of chicken bouillon cubes to flavor.  Chicken bouillon cubes are very very salty so my chicken and dumplings were very very salty.  Bummer.  Another meal bites the dust down the garbage disposal today.

Last night Bonnie, Buddy and Braxton came over for dinner and we had spaghetti, salad and garlic toast.  It was very good what I could taste of it and it hit the spot.  Then to top that off, I had some chocolate ice cream and milk as a treat.  No taste but the cold was good.

My sister shared with me a story of a woman she had spoken to who said she ate kosher pickles during chemo which had a good taste to them.  So I may be buying me some kosher pickles for snacks.... who knows.

My nephews got home last night and we are so excited to have them home.  They always bring a special blend to our family.  Guys watching babies = hilarious.

All in all things are well.  I'm happy I'm up and about this morning and feel like writing on my blog.  I miss posting but the days after chemo I don't really do much of anything.

Praises:
* I made it through round 2
* I'm up and about this morning and looking forward to Christmas
* My left arm is doing well as far as staying stretched out
* So many many more things ....

Prayer Requests:
* Pray for those who are homeless and in need
* Pray for my friend, Kim's Dad, who has fallen twice in a matter of a couple weeks.  He broke his shoulder and his kneecap.  Father, please watch over this precious man.

Let me know if you have special prayer request.  I would love to pray with you.

For now I leave you with a happy heart, energy and thankfulness and thinking only of the "nativity" refusing to allow the "negativity" to get close.

Merry Christmas ... many many blessings!
gkmorrison12@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are doing good. When I went to visit my friend who is also going through Chemo she ate a ton and I mean a TON of dill pickle spears, green olives and sauerkraut while I was here. She said she was craving these foods. Maybe it was because she could actually taste them.
    Take care!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete