Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Wonderful Beautiful 'Normal' Saturday ...

If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer or any other dreadful disease, you know what I mean when I say 'normal Saturday'.  If you have been blessed and not been diagnosed with something dreadful and continue to live your every day life, let me explain about a cancer patient's life.  Once we are diagnosed, our life seems very abnormal as to what it was pre-diagnosis.  Our life revolves around doctor appointments, pre-surgery and surgery dates, doctors, nurses, medications, treatments ... all these becomes our new normal for a while.  We might not have much else to talk about because we, as humans, always talk about what is happening in our lives.  We want our 'normal' back except we will never have the old normal as we knew it but instead a new normal.

Saturday morning I got up and got some breakfast, cleaned up a little around the house, did a load of laundry ... and decided ... I'm going fishing and I did.  I grabbed two of my rod and reels, my tackle box, some bottled water and headed up to Lake Bridgeport to fish with my long time friend, Phil, and his cousins for the day.  I cannot tell you how it felt to be 'normal' again.  Goodness ... fishing ... and I love to fish.  I caught two big crappie and a smaller one and the others fishing caught about as many.  Fishing has always been a passion of mine since I was a little girl.  My Daddy would take us out to Lake Grapevine, bait our poles and I would sit and watch my bobber forever just waiting to catch that fish before my brother or sister.  The love fishing stayed with me throughout my life and I am blessed to have my friend, Phil, who has a little cabin on a slew at the Lake Bridgeport.  Praise the Lord.

I read on my Facebook this morning a post from Sheree LaFavers Bennett, Nurse Navigator at the Joan Katz Breast Center, located inside Baylor-All Saints Hospital, that her sister has been diagnosed with  recurring breast cancer which has spread to her lungs and bones.  I am going to try to copy/paste the info below.

Posted by Sheree LaFavers Bennett on my Facebook page ...

www.caringbridge.org/visit/robinkresge
Both of my grandmother's had breast cancer in their 40's, two paternal aunts have had breast cancer, one paternal uncle has had prostate cancer, maternal aunt with uterine cancer, Mom died of ovarian cancer, my sister had breast cancer at 32 and I had breast cancer at 36. Robin now has recurrent breast cancer and it has spread to her lungs and her bones. Please lift her in your prayers, visit her page and leave her words of encouragement and most of all...know your body. Do you annual mammograms, breast self exam and annual clinical breast exam. If you do not have insurance, we can get you a free mammogram. The Joan Katz Breast Center provides free clinical breast exams any business day for anyone. Call and make an appointment 817-922-2223. Robin, I love you more than you know! Fight like a girl!

www.caringbridge.org
Robin has chosen privacy settings that require you to log in. Your e-mail address allows us to see if you already have a CaringBridge profile.


Please visit Robin's CaringBridge site and pray pray pray for Robin, Sheree's sister.  Also, know your body ... if something doesn't feel right, go have it checked out.  I personally feel like I know my body very well ... that is why why these strange things happen to me, I call The Center to ensure these things are normal or if I need to have them checked out.  Please pray for Robin as she walks through the troubled waters of her diagnosis.

Psalm 105:1-2 - Give praise to the Lord, proclaim His name, make known among the nation's what He has done.  Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts.

Praises:
*  A fishing trip that proved to be so relaxing and productive.  <smile>
*  Feeling better.
*  Healthy grand babies.
*  Family and friends who I love very much.
*  Opportunities to pray with and pray for others.
*  Many many more ...

Prayer Requests:
*  Robin, Sheree's sister, as she walks the troubled waters ahead.
*  My survivor sisters as they continue treatment.
*  The side effect of the chemo that has caused my hip pain.
*  Radiation continues to go well.  Sure has been good having a two day break.
*  That I get through the remainder of my 21 treatments without incident.

Thank you for your love and concern and most of all your prayers.  I love you all.
Blessed and praying blessings for you today.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment