Friday, October 7, 2011

The Day My Journey Began

Mid July 2011 - I don't know about you but I do my self-breast exams on a fairly regular basis.  You know the soap up the hands in the shower and walk the fingers around the breast.  I never felt any abnormalities which always made me feel at peace.  Except that night in mid-July, as I was doing my exam, I found two lumps, one in each breast and they were about the same spot on each breast.  I thought hmmmm this is strange but went on with my shower and did another exam.  They were still there and yes, lumps were what I was feeling.  The next day I call my Dr. office and was able to get in within 2 days.  My doctor checked out the lumps and thought it was rather strange that they were in the same place on each breast.  He wasn't too alarmed and felt perhaps they were hormone driven.  He is not a big advocate or an estrogen/progesteron hormone so he wanted to take me off my current hormone and put me on straight estrogen.  He wasn't concerned and said let's watch these a couple months until your yearly mammogram.  He wrote me the prescription for my mammogram in September and dutifully I made my appointment for the mammogram and my yearly physical with him.  At that point I thought nothing more about the lumps.  Perhaps the new estrogen only hormones would make these lumps go away.  I continued to do my self-breast exams but those lumps weren't going anywhere. 
Jeremiah 33:3  "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."  Little did I know just how much I would be calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment