Sunday, October 16, 2011

Time ...

Thinking back tonight on the events since September 15, 2011, I have to say that time has not stood still.  The day I found out I had cancer, my world stopped or so it seemed.  Since that day, life has continued although at the time I felt sure that the world had stopped.  It didn't, the world continued spinning and I continued living.  I waged a war against this dreadful disease that has invaded my body, my world, my family.  You know you can hurt me all you want but you better leave my family alone. 

As you can imagine this weekend has been filled with last minute preparations for what is to come.  I'm a planner and I want to be organized.  I want to ensure that everyone has everything they need ... because that's who I am.  I am sure there is something that I've forgotten or just didn't have time to get done but in the over all scheme of things, I know it isn't going to matter. 

What matters is ... I've spent time with my family and loved on my grandbabies.  I also got the good news that Braxton will become a big brother in May 2012.  I'm excited for the new one to get here.  Braxton will make a great big brother.  I'm so thankful for my family.

I do want to thank everyone who is praying and has put me on their prayer lists.  I believe in the power of prayer.  I'm a prayer warrior and please let me know if I can pray for you.  Also, thank you to so many for the beautiful uplifting cards I have received.  It swells my heart that you took the time to buy a card and send it to me.  Each and everyone has lifted my heart. 

I'm thankful that you are walking with me on this journey.  Please feel free to share my blog with others.  Who knows who will find themselves on this journey in the future.  I pray for them right now. 

So in closing tonight, I want you all to know that I'm praising my Lord. He continues to walk with me and hold my hand. He whispers His sweet words in my ear. He loves me no matter what.

Psalm 107:1  Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

I am blessed and sending you blessings.
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment