Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday ...

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18  16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

I have so many things to be thankful for today and I know that I am blessed beyond measure.  So this morning I wanted to share with you some of those things.  I pray that when you read this blog today, you will stop and remember how blessed you are as well.

I'm thankful for my awesome Father who has not only lit my path to walk this cancer journey but He has gone before me and has been here beside me all along and carried me when I couldn't seem to find my footing to walk alone.  He has dried those tears I hid from others as He alone calmed my fears.  He has given me the strength and courage to keep walking and holding on to Him.  He has given me the words ....  It is well with my soul. 

I'm thankful that I have such a loving and caring family who have been so supportive and want only the best for me.  They have put their lives on hold to give to me and take care of my every need, all the way down to the least little thing that all of a sudden for me without full use of my arms is such a big task.  Example:  Think about getting out of bed or even out of a chair from a sitting position.  Do you realize how many chest and arm muscles you are using?  Neither did I until now. 

I'm thankful that God has surrounded me with so many friends who have sent the sweetest comforting cards and beautiful flower arrangements,  so many of my friends have prepared delicious food so my family isn't having to prepare meals.  My friends have called to check on me, they have come to my house and been with me during the day while my family is at work. 

I'm thankful that my situation is not any worse than it is.  While I have cancer, it is not near as bad as some folks who are struggling today.  Think about it ... You get up and your ankles are stiff from laying in bed all night.  Think about the homeless man in downtown Fort Worth who has no legs but gets up every day to sit on the corner of 2nd and Houston St. in his wheelchair and greets people.  All of a sudden those stiff ankles aren't so bad, huh?

I'm thankful God has given me an opportunity to share my journey with cancer so that others might learn more about the disease.  Praying that ladies will realize that bump they feel in their breast is not normal and they should go get it checked out no matter how scarey it is.  If this is happening for you right now and you're afraid, call me.  Together we can walk through what ever is happening.

I'm thankful as I sit in my recliner this morning and can hear the wind blowing my wind chimes on my patio.  The delicate tinkles that remind me I'm still alive and I still have so much more life to live.  I'm thankful as I look out at my yard that was groomed yesterday by an awesome young man, Justin.  I'm thankful that a friendship with he and his Mom that started back when my girls were in daycare with Justin has continued all these years.  I'm thankful for this cooler weather.  I love the autumn/fall/harvest season and I'm thankful I am going to be able to enjoy it this year.

I'm thankful that each day I am feeling a little better than the day before.  I'm thankful on those days that I get ahead of myself and think that I am feeling great, God slows me down and says ... hold on a minute sister, I'm in control here.  (Note:  yesterday was one of those days.) 

I've so much to be thankful for and could go on and on but instead pray that you will stop right now and thank God for all He has given you ... from the smallest thing like a good cup of coffee to the largest thing ... that He gave His only son to die on that cross to save your soul.  He loves each and every one of us and He wants us to love and recognize Him.  Take some time today and every day to thank Him.  He has answered many prayers lifted up for me and I'm so thankful on this Thursday. 

I close this morning with a thankful heart for a God who loves me beyond measure and a peace that I can not get anywhere else. 

John 14:27  27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Many blessings!
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment