Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's SHOWTIME ....

It's SHOWTIME is what my brother says when there's a happening.  So many times that he's been in the hospital and getting ready to have a procedure for his heart, he says ... It's SHOWTIME.  I thought that appropriate for today as I get ready for my surgery.  While they will take both my breasts today, they will also be getting the cancer.  Thank you Lord. 

My prayer today .... Father, you walk before me.  You hold my hand, You calm my fears as only you can.  For all that You are and for all that You do, I say thank you.  I know that You are the great physician and You will guide the hands of the surgeon and all that assist.  I find peace from within knowing that You have complete control.  Father, I ask that you be with Justin as he defends his thesis at the exact time that I am in surgery.  Father, give him a calm and peace and all the words that he needs.  He has prepared for this defense and he is such an awesome young man who knows You as his Lord and savior.  Father, I pray this morning for those who are facing much worse circumstances than I.  I pray that they know You are with them and to let go and let You hold their hands.  Father, be with my family as they face the wait while I am in surgery.  Thank you for each and every one of those you have put in my path during my journey.  Father, I love you, I know you are with me and I know you have my life in your hands.  Thank you for loving me and sending your son to die on the cross for me.  I pray all these things in Your awesome name and give You the praise.  Amen

Today I claim some scripture that my little buddy, Jarod, claimed when he was going through melanoma cancer.  Jarod has gone to live with the Lord now but he has walked with me every day since September 15.  His incredible Mother, Greta, shared these scriptures with me when I found out I had cancer.  Greta, I love you and appreciate you more than you know.

Psalm 27:5-9 


5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.

Psalm 27:14 

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.salm 28:6-7

Psalm 28:6-7
6 Praise be to the LORD,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.


No comments:

Post a Comment