Saturday, October 8, 2011

Live for this moment ....

Matthew 6:25-27

 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

Let me tell you what happens to you when you find out you have cancer?  You no longer think about tomorrow, next week, next year.  September 15 the day I found out I had cancer, I began living the way God intends for us to live ... strictly for this moment. I am not promised five minutes from now, I have only this very moment in time.  Your way of thinking totally changes.  So if you are worried about tomorrow or next week ... DON'T ... God has it all handled.  Talk to Him, He's happy to give you hope, comfort and most of all His awesome love. 

I have heard many people who have cancer say, "Why me?"  I have to tell you those words never crossed my lips because if I say "Why me" - I must also say, "Why not me?"  What makes me exempt from cancer?  Nothing absolutely nothing.  I'm not any different than anyone else.  Oh and by the way, God does not give us cancer or other diseases; He is however here to pick us up and carry us through these tough times.  He loves us and doesn't want any of us to hurt.

It is truly amazing what God has shown me in the last month about my life, my heart, my all.  I listen as He often whispers His comforting words in my ear.  He calms my fears, my anxiousness, my pain.  He has a plan and I'm willing to go where He leads me. 

I pray for those reading this blog that they understand God is in control of our lives.  He loves us like no other can.  He offers us words of encouragement when we think we cannot go on.  I praise His name during all the precious moments He allows me to be here.  Psalm 23 brings comfort and peace to my soul.   

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment