Friday, October 7, 2011

The Journey - Part 3

September 13, 2011 - I went to work for half the day and then went home to meet my youngest daughter who was going to go with me to the biopsy. We had lunch and conversation was light-hearted. When we got to the mammogram place, I was informed they would be performing core biopsies on the lesions. Core biopsies are done with a person driving the sonogram wand finding the lesions and the doctor watching the sonogram screen to know where to go in with the deadening needle as well as the instruments used to capture the core of the lesion to be biopsied. There were two biopsies done on the lesions in my right breast and one done on the larger of the two lesions in my left breast. I was told they would be calling me with the results of the biopsy either the next day or the following day which was Thursday which was also the day I had my appointment for my yearly exam with my gynecologist.  I remember looking at my daughter on the way home and saying, “I won’t look good without hair”.  She was very comforting and told me to just wait and see what the biopsy showed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment