Friday, October 7, 2011

The Road I Am On ....

Now that I have filled you in the sequence of events, I would like to share with you where I am today. 

First and foremost, I'm walking with God.  He is my heart, soul and spirit.  He has provided me comfort when I did not think I could be comforted.  He's given me strength to share my story that I didn't think I wanted to share.  He has restored my soul.  I take every opportunity to share my awesome God with everyone I come in contact with. 

Now let me share with you the beautiful women I have in my life.  First, I have the two most amazing daughters that anyone could ever have hoped for.  They are supporting and kind and caring.  I had asked to have some family pictures taken before my body went through surgery and possibly chemo.  They made it all happen.  Another incredible lady in my life is my sweet sister.  She has done more for me than I deserve.  She has accompanied me to all my doctor appointments, she has prepared a list of questions for the doctors.  I am blessed. 

I have a wonderful woman surgeon that is now in my life.  She has answered all my sisters questions and the few I have come up with.  She is patient and kind and coming around with a sense of humor.  She's smart and one of Fort Worth's best surgeons. 

My oncologist is also a lady and let me tell you, God spoke to both my sister and I about this lady and she has proven to be wonderful.  She's smart and patient and kind.  At the end of a very long day and after my sister and I had been in her office for about 2 hours and the appointment was wrapping up, she looked at us and said, "Can I pray?"  Now just how awesome is that.  When the prayer ended, we all stood up and she came around the little desk area and hugged me like there was no tomorrow. 

So yes, I'm blessed with wonderful women in my life and I am so thankful for each and every one of you.  You have made my journey so much easier in your own special way and for that I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. 
Psalm 121:7-8The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment