Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A little update ...

Today was my post-op appointment with my surgeon, Dr. C.  My youngest daughter, Bonnie, was able to take me to that appointment.  I'm praising the Lord even more today. 

My pathology report from Dr. C ...  First words out of her mouth ... there were no surprises ...

The three tumors in my right breast were invasive lobular cancer which is very good because it's non-agressive.  Of the three tumors, the largest tumor was 1.6 cm and was stage 1.  And as we knew, there was no lymph node involvement.  Also, I got one of the drains out on this side.  This is big YEA moment.   (DEFINITION:  Invasive lobular carcinoma typically doesn't form a lump, as most women expect with breast cancer. Instead, invasive lobular carcinoma more often causes a thickening of the tissue or fullness in one part of the breast. )  The thickening of the tissue was what I felt, there was no defined lump/bump.  So do those self-breast exams and if you feel anything out of the ordinary soft breast tissue, go see your doctor. 

The two tumors in my left breast were micropappliary cancer.  She didn't really give me an explanation for this type.  Dr. C had removed 16 lymph nodes on this side and out of the 16, only ONE of the lymph nodes were affected.  That was the sentinel lymph node.  The largest tumor is my left breast was 2.5 cm and was stage 2. 

Dr. C also scraped and biopsied tissue from the left side of my chest wall muscle to ensure there was no cancer there and it was clear.

I still have three of the four drains but I'm ok with that.  Dr. C explained to me today where the drains were and what they were doing for me.  I go back to see her next Wednesday to see how things are progressing as far as the fluid in my chest.  I go see my Oncologist, Dr. Y on Monday where I'm assuming I will find out about any further treatment. 

All in all, this whole report today was a good report and we are all Praising the Lord.  I don't know what's ahead as far as further treatment but God does.  He has my path layed out and continues walking beside me during this journey. 

I have received so many beautiful cards, flower and food.  Thank you all so much for caring and sharing with me this journey.  I'm happy you are walking with me. 

I must share a little glitch that happened on Monday night ... I got that stomach virus that is going around.  Now let me tell you that throwing up is hard enough without having your chest cut open from arm pit to arm pit.  Whew I'm glad that's over. 

Today has been a big day for not just me but my family as well.  God is good all the time. 

Isaiah 41:10
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment