Saturday, April 28, 2012

Little of This and That ...

I continue to feel the need to share everything that is or has happened to me during my journey through breast cancer and treatment.  I share the good and the bad of my journey, the comments from people whether they are good or bad and most of all the love of Jesus.  In sharing the good and bad of it all, I pray that those reading my blog understand that this is what I set out to do .... Share my journey ... good or bad.  If I can help one person know my sweet Lord or one person to know they are not alone in their own journey, then my efforts have not been wasted.  God put this blog in my heart right after my own diagnosis and I will follow and obey Him.  My prayer now is that He continues to open doors for me to share.  I would love to be able to speak at women's meetings.

Speaking of sharing, I had a survivor sister tell me yesterday on my Facebook page that I had been an inspiration to her.  My heart sang and my tears flowed.  I felt so humbled that my efforts had reached someone walking the breast cancer journey.  I cried and thanked my Lord for allowing me to to share this journey.  To my friend, W. L., you continue to inspire me with your smile and your upbeat attitude while walking your own journey.  Let me tell you about my survivor sister, W. L., I have never met her in person but we are connected by our hearts as we walk our journey of breast cancer.  God blessed me with survivor sisters ...

*****************
I had an appointment with my lymphedema therapist, Linda, this past Thursday.  She measured my left arm ... the arm where the 16 lymph nodes were taken ... and it measured smaller than when I first saw her in January.  Praise the Lord.  She gave me some helpful exercises to do while taking radiation to keep the skin stretched in my radiation area.  The radiation has a tendency to tighten the skin and goodness knows I do not need that as mine is already tight enough.  I ask Linda why they say that radiation can increase your chances of lymphedema and she said she was told that the radiation collapses the lymph nodes which stops the flow of the lymph fluid ... now it all makes sense.  My skin is beginning to look darker on the left side of my chest so I know I am getting the affects of the radiation.  I have two full days of no radiation which gives my skin time to heal.  I have another great group of folks taking care of me in the radiation area.  God has richly blessed me with all the medical team who cares for me.

*****************
I have had something happen to me that I never in a million years thought could happen.  I have almost lost my taste for my beloved coffee.  I have drank coffee for as long as I can remember.  When I was a little bitty girl, I started drinking coffee ... black coffee.  I have always loved the smell of it and the taste.  I have gone through periods of drinking it black, with cream, with cream and sugar, back to black and now with just cream (Coffee Mate... love me some Coffee Mate).  In the mornings, I can drink my first cup and it's pretty good but by the middle of the second cup, the taste changes and it becomes so bitter that I end up pouring half of it out.  Maybe this along with all the other taste changes, no appetite I am having will fix itself.

Speaking of drinking ... Thursday night I made me a glass of chocolate milk for my snack (and additional calcium) and it tasted really bad so I poured it out and chalked it up to my 'taster'.  Last night I fixed me a little bowl of cereal ... same thing, it tasted so bad that I only had one bite. It tasted like dirty socks smell.  <laughing>   I ask my daughter to taste it and she was not to keen on the idea but she did.  She said get the milk carton and let me smell.  (My smeller is a little off due to the sinus infection)  She smelled of it and the milk was bad ... the expiration date was June 7, 2012 but obviously this was mismarked.  I bought the milk last Saturday and it had a far off expiration so I trusted it ... YUCK!  I drink organic 2% milk and have never had this happen.  I sure don't need bad milk hanging out at my house when I have no appetite and a taster that is semi out of commission right now.  <laughing>

*****************
Today I plan to get some type of fencing put in my tomato garden for the tomato plants to lean on.  These plants are full of tomatoes.  I also need some type of trellis for those cucumbers, they are full of cucumbers.  All of my garden is doing very well and it is so much fun to watch these things grow.
*****************

Praises:
*  Ability to write about my journey on this blog.
*  Family and friends who continue to support me.
*  Feeling better every day.
*  Knowing the side affects are just that and should go away.
*  Ability to throw my legs over the side of the bed every morning and get up.
*  So many more things that God has blessed me with.

Prayer Requests:
*  Those who have found out recently they have a life changing disease.
*  My survivor sisters who are going through treatments.
*  The family who lost their loved one (wife and Mom) this past week.  The Dad is in his 80's and his wife of 68 years has gone to live with Jesus.
*  People who have drama in their live will realize it isn't worth it.  Let hard feelings go and live the life that God has planned for you.


Romans 12:9-18

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[a] Do not be conceited.17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Blessed and praying many blessings for you today.  


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment