Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Quick Update ...


Venting … yes, I need to vent.   Sometimes  … 1) people have no couth; 2) people do not care what they say and to whom; 3) people are ignorant; or 4)  just hard hearted.  This afternoon I went to see a person who has been a big support during my journey.  I was sitting and visiting for a few minutes when another person walked in.  First off, I think that is rude when you see two people talking and someone just barges in regardless of what you are talking about and they decide to join your conversation.  It was primarily just catching up but it was an A and B conversation and C was not invited.  C joined the conversation uninvited.  I shared a story about a man who I have known since the ‘70s and had run in to today and he saw my bald head and ask me what was going on.  I told him I had been through breast cancer and chemo and was doing well.  He said, my wife went through that four years ago.  I said … so she’s a four year survivor and he shook his head ‘no’.   I have to pause a minute and tell you … this was a first for me to hear that someone’s spouse had not made it.  Back to the story … At this point, C speaks up and says … oh well, that’s reality.  It flew all over me.  Yes, it’s reality but when you are sitting where I’m sitting and for someone to say that … I wanted to get up and walk out.   I just wondered how C would have felt several years ago as they laid in the hospital bed needing major surgery, how they would have handled someone saying …. Oh well, that’s reality.    I know that eventually my time on earth will be over and yes, that is a reality but as I walk this journey fighting and doing everything that I can to live … I don’t need an … Oh well, that’s reality.  Insensitive people are very hard to take sometimes. 

I feel like I am doing well handling the full days back at the office.  Where I hurt my shoulder last week is the thing that bothers me as far as pain and today my legs and ankles are swollen because I did not get up and walk.  Monday I walked a mile at work and then two miles after work and had no swelling.  NOTE to self … get up from that desk and go walk. 

I forgot my camera for Easter festivities at my daughter’s house on Sunday.  She said she would send her pictures to me so I could possibly have pictures to post soon. 

The garden is doing spectacular.  I have several tomatoes and a couple peppers.  My brother came over Saturday to get his mimosa tree and while here he planted mine.  I was so thankful for him doing that.  Very little effort on his part and it would have taxed me.  I fertilized it that evening and watered it and my goodness it seems to have grown a foot already. 

That is about all the excitement I have to post for now.  Let me hear from you. My email address is at the bottom .. just drop a note and say ‘hi’. 

Blessed and praying blessings for you too!



genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment