Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Morning ...

Psalm 16:8  I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  

Ms. Cough had company late yesterday afternoon.  Mr. Fever came to see her.  He didn't even knock, he just came on in without a welcome.  He got to 100.7 before I could bat an eye so I decided to show him. I called The Center to get advice/antibiotics whatever I needed to boot him and Ms. Cough both out the door.  Helena, Oncologist Nurse Practitioner, called me in 10 days of Levaquin (antibiotics) and the cough pills that I take.  I know I have a sinus infection and bronchitis.  When you've had the same thing repeatedly in the spring and sometimes in the fall for years, you learn your body well.  This morning my fever was 99.7 when I got up but I believe I've extinguished it with a Tylenol for now.  When I spoke to Helena yesterday, I ask her if I could take antibiotics while taking radiation ... I was thinking the sunburn affect could get worse since they always tell you to stay out of the sun when taking antibiotics ... she told me yes, you can take antibiotics while taking radiation.  Pray that my visitors go away soon.  I do not want to feel bad ... I want to feel good and back to a somewhat normal life.

I didn't really do much of anything yesterday.  I changed the sheets on my bed, washed the sheets and a load of towels.  I had lunch with my friend, Peggy.  We met at Panera Bread and enjoyed a wonderful salad and great visit.  We had not seen each other since back before I was diagnosed.  She was headed to meet up with some people and later in the evening heading downtown to the Main St. Arts Fest.

Above:  My sweet friend, Peggy.
After lunch I came home and Alicia had been to visit the cupcake place up the street from us.  Oh my goodness ... she bought six cupcakes and had gotten me a dreamsicle cupcake.  It was divine ... along with the chocolate Almond Joy cupcake that I had after I ate dinner last night.  There are two cupcakes left and I don't know what they are but beware ... I may end up eating them both.  <smile>

Praises:
*  The sweetest medical team that a girl could have.  They continue to take such good care of me.
*  Madelyn, my grand daughter, has two more teeth.  She's only had four front teeth forever.  The other night, Alicia found the two in the back on the top.  Praise the Lord.
*  My friends, Jeff and Kim, who always check on me and ask if they can do anything ... like mow my yard.  Is that not just the sweetest?  I may take them up on it soon as the front yard is getting rather unruly after the rains.
*  I know My Lord is taking care of me and hears your and my prayers.
*  Beautiful weather.
*  So many more blessings and praises.

Prayer Request:
*  Spoke with a retired NWS friend yesterday and found out his wife, S. F. is going through a second round of breast cancer ... via a skin cancer and also has leukemia.  She is very sick and in desperate need of our prayers.
*  My friend, P. L., as she continues to recuperate from her recent hospitalization.
*  Those who have recently found out about having breast cancer or any other dreadful disease.  Our prayers are so needed.
*  My cough and sinus infection gets cleared up soon.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers.  You all mean so much to me and I am so thankful that I am able to write this blog and share with you not only my journey but ask you to pray for many others.

Psalm 55:22  Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken.


Blessed and praying blessings on you today.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment