Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Port Removal Day and more.....

Good morning ... it's already Wednesday and PORT REMOVAL day.  I am having this procedure done in the office ... remember when I had it put in, I went to the hospital and was put to sleep (my choice).  I opted not to be put to sleep again so in the office it is. They will deaden my right shoulder to remove the port which causes an unknown for me as to how I will feel or how much use I will have in my arm.   My friend, Bunny, is taking me to my appointment.  Thank you Bunny.

I begin my days now with radiation at 6:00am.  So far so good.  Dr. C, my Radiation Oncologist, told me Monday that I can expect to start seeing a sunburn affect after a couple of weeks.  After my treatment this morning, I will only have 28 more to go.  Praise the Lord.  After I leave radiation in the mornings, I head to the office.  Tuesday morning I was in and out of radiation in 12 minutes.  Getting undressed, getting set up on the table and redressed is the longest part of the whole ordeal.  Radiation is about a little over a minute.

I have met another sweet lady who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Please pray for W. L.  I know how she is feeling and all the unknowns are so scarey.  There is just no two ways around it ... she needs our prayers.

This is a short post but I wanted to check in.  I will post tomorrow about how the port removal went... praying for nothing exciting.  I have concerns about when Dr. B. takes the line out of my vina cava.  I know too, that he does this all the time and is very good.  

Praises:
*  Feeling good.
*  Getting port out.
*  Able to walk at least a mile a day now.
*  Radiation is going well.
*  Much much more.

Prayer Request:
*  My new friend, W. L., who has just begun her breast cancer journey.
*  Port removal goes well.
*  All who are awaiting results from biopsies of one kind or another.
*  All who have been given the breast cancer diagnosis.
*  My friend, Alverna's hubby has been dealing with some health issues.

Blessed and praying blessings for those who read this blog.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment