Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Monday - A Full Day of Work ...

I made it through a full eight hour day at work on Monday.  I was exhausted, my neck hurt and I was happy to leave but Praise the Lord, I made it.  I was able to start walking again and actually got in a mile at work.  I do not remember if I shared with you the results of my bone density test that I had a couple weeks ago.  The results were normal - Praise the Lord.  This scan was done for a baseline before I begin taking the estrogen inhibitor Armidex after radiation.  I am to continue taking calcium and Vitamin D.  Ladies ... if you are not taking these two things ... START!  When I was diagnosed with my cancer, my vitamin D level was wayyyyyyy down.  Vitamin D fights off cancer.  Calcium of course for our bones.  I was also told at least 30 minutes of weight bearing exercise and they suggested at least 30 minutes of walking 3 to 4 times a week.  I have been walking some but due to not feeling well a lot of the time, I haven't walked as much as I should but watch out ... because I am back.  By the way ... the Race for the Cure at Ridgmar Mall is this Saturday ... come get a jump start on your walking as we walk the 5K route.

My tomato plants are growing little tomatoes and they are so cute.  I have some peppers peeking out also.  My flowers are growing enough to get up the trellis' now.  I need to plant a couple more pots of seeds to get them started on another trellis by the patio and will do that when I get another bag of potting soil probably Friday when I am off work.

I begin radiation this Thursday.  Original plan was for Wednesday but the medical staff could not get my plant together by then so they delayed it a day.  This means I will be taking my last round of radiation the day before Bonnie's baby gets here.  Please join me as I pray that nothing gets in the way of my radiation and I can consistently get there every day for 33 days (Monday-Friday) and get finished.  I have a standing appointment at 6:00am every morning.  After radiation I will head to the office as usual.

Better run for now so I can get dressed for work.  I would love to hear from you.

Blessed beyond measure and praying blessings for you today.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment