Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday Tuesday ...

Thank you for your prayers.  As Sunday wore on, the temperature went down and the other part started up big time ... that would be the diarrhea.  Praise the Lord there was no throwing up with this stomach bug because the diarrhea was bad enough.  I know I know ... you would probably not talk about diarrhea in such a public forum but life is life and if you have lived long enough, you cannot tell me you have never had diarrhea. <laughing>   No, it's not the most pleasant topic of conversation nor is it the pleasant thing to have.  I could not eat anything all day Sunday.  I drank water and had part of a Sprite.  Monday I drank two Sprites and was able to eat half of an Arby's Roast Beef (plain) for lunch.  I was able to eat a little roasted chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner and that was it.  This morning, I feel better but I still have the stomach issues ... meaning I still have a bit of the diarrhea and am weak.  I know these things have to run the course.

I missed my blood work and appointment with Helena.  For the entire course of my chemo and appointments with either Dr. Y or Helena, I have been scheduled for Monday appointments so that is when I thought my four week after chemo ended appointment was.  WRONG!  It was last Friday and I missed it.  I do NOT miss appointments ever but I sure missed that one.  I called yesterday and got rescheduled for this Thursday and if the Lord is willing, I will be there.  This is a pretty important appointment as I think I find out two things ... 1)  When does radiation begin ...  and 2)  When do I get to have the procedure to take my port out.  The sooner the better on both accounts.

News on the garden ... I have my first tomato.  I was so excited when I found it.  I just hope the others come on and produce.  I have not put tomato cages around my tomatoes and may chose not to do that but rather get some hefty dowel rods and stake the plants.  I need at least two more bags of potting soil to put in pots to plant some more flower seeds and also the mimosa tree.  My brother decided this would be a good thing to do and allow the tree to get a little better growth before putting it in the ground.  What ever he says ... I do  .... well sometimes.  The little tree has already grown as tall as me since I bought them.  All my flower seedlings are getting big enough to reach the bottom of the trellis'.  I planted two big pots of zinnias and all those little seeds are coming up.  Keeping my little grand daughter out of them is another chore.  She loves getting handfuls of the dirt and throwing it in my fountain which circulates and stops up the pump.  We are moving the pots very soon so it is not so handy for her to do that.  <smile>  I will take pictures of everything and post soon.

That's about it for me this morning.  I will be working from home today because 1) My stomach is still uneasy and ... well ... there is remnants of the diarrhea ...  and 2) I respect my coworkers and would not want to expose anyone to this bug ... and 3) I am still shaky weak from all that goes on in my body.  A small issue for a healthy person is bad but a small issue for someone three weeks out of chemo is really bad.

I continue to Praise my Lord for all He has done and brought me through.  He guides me and assures me that all is well.  I get a little overwhelmed at all the medical bills sometimes but it is amazing how He guides me and everything gets paid.  Praising Him!

Blessed and praying many blessings for you at this very moment.


genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment