Saturday, April 7, 2012

Nine Hours of Sleep ... Yes, thank you!


Thursday night I slept all of about three hours.  I don't know why I could not sleep.  Friday was a good day but by about 8:00pm last night, I was 'toast'.  That means I was 'done'.  I showered and ended up going to bed at 9:00pm and slept until 6:00am.  Praise the Lord!  You know what this means ... major energy.  What's that?  Yes, I hear you Lord, I will take it easy and not overdo.

Being back in the office is going well.  I am getting back in to the routine of things which isn't really a hard thing to do.  I am thankful to be feeling so much better and able to get up and get going.  Radiation is scheduled to start next Wednesday.  I don't remember if I mentioned that I will be going for radiation at 6:00am every morning.  The Center radiation department opens at 6:00am and there aren't that many people who want to go at that time.  I figure after radiation I will head to the office and get the day going. I have gone to work at 6:00am for years, of course that was before major surgery and six rounds of chemo but praying there won't be any issues.

Several of my friends have signed up to walk the Race for the Cure race next Saturday at Ridgmar Mall. Thank you all.  I am so excited about this.  I got my race packet in the mail this past week and because I am a survivor, they sent me a beautiful pink t-shirt with "Survivor" on it.  I will wear this shirt with thankfulness, love and pride.  Thank you Lord that I am able to wear this shirt and walk this race.

If you want to participate, it's not too late.  Here' some information I sent in an email.

Early registration is $30. Registration Fees -- Registration fees for Race for the Cure include your Race Day participation fee, a Race bib and a t-shirt. Your Registration Fee gets us to the starting line...your fundraising gets us to the Cure!
Team Name: Simply the Breast
Team Division: Medical
Team Company: The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.


Sunday evening we are going to Bonnie and Buddy's for Easter dinner and the babies will hunt Easter eggs.  I cannot wait.  Pictures to come, I promise.

The Charter guy comes today to fix this internet issue that I seem to be having.  I do not like paying for a service that doesn't work, especially as much as Charter charges.

I am getting ready to have new gutters put on my house and get it painted.  I am getting estimates for the painting and already have the gutter estimate and plan to go with Sunset Gutters since they have done work for me.

Better get going for now.  It's Saturday and the weather is beautiful and I have a whole shed to fill up with stuff from the garage.  The only obstacle I see is the 40 pound sack of concrete sitting a box of folding chairs that I need moved.  I will figure out something though ... you know me!  <smile>

Blessed and praying blessings for all.


genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment