Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Radiation and Garden Update ... and more

Radiation is going well this week ... today was my 10 treatment and that means there are only 23 remaining treatments.  The radiation ends May 29 and my new grand baby is scheduled to be delivered May 30.  God is so good.  So now a  little more about my radiation treatments.  Have you ever heard a trainer tell someone they are training  ... Feel The Burn ... ?   I have a new take on that saying ... I am beginning to FEEL THE BURN.  The left side of my chest and under my left arm is where my radiation is applied.  Dr. C told me there would be a build up affect of the radiation and after about two weeks, I would begin feeling the results.  Well I am!  It's not bad though ... primarily tender.  I think I am more concerned with the fatigue the radiation can cause because that means my energy level drops and that does not make me happy because I like to have my energy.  I am not going to let it get me down though ... I made it through chemo, I can make it through radiation.

My garden is growing and growing.  I don't remember if I reported that I have cucumbers.  Little baby cucumbers.  They are funny looking when they start growing, matter of fact I didn't know that it was a cucumber, I thought it was part of the vine.  <smile>  ... well I've never grown cucumbers before.  My tomato plants are full of tomatoes.  I'm watching all my little darlings close because when they get a hint of red on them, I'm picking them to put in the kitchen window to ripen ... picking them to beat the mockingbirds from pecking them and ruining them for the rest of us.  <smile>  I love my birds but we may have to have a 'come to Jesus' meeting if they start pecking my tomatoes.  I have to admit that I have become very protective of my little garden.

I am happy to report that work is going well.  Might I add that by the end of the week, I'm exhausted.  I want to start walking again on a regular basis ... I need to start walking again ... it helps my energy level.  Note to self ... get up and get away from your desk and go walk.

One day at lunch I was able to listen to Pastor Robert Morris' sermon titled --- Ten Deadly Sins (with our mouth). If you have 30 minutes, take a listen ... http://gatewaypeople.com/sermons  God can only bless us if our mouths line up with His word.

I am having dinner with two sweet retired NWS friends tonight.  I can't wait. It will be good fellowship and food.

Closing today with a happy thankful heart.  In the past two days, God has provided me with more opportunities to share my journey about Him and my breast cancer journey.  My prayer is that people reading this blog, gain strength, comfort, knowledge and most of all that they know that they do not have to walk their journey alone.  God will walk with them just like He walks with me ... every day and every night ... through all my treatments, appointments, reports ... all of it ... He is with me.

Praises:
*  The love of my God.  No matter my circumstance, He never leaves me.
*  Opportunities provided this week to share my blog.
*  Feeling good.
*  Only 23 radiation treatments remaining.
*  Positive attitude.
*  Hearing from my survivor sisters this.  Lunch on Friday with one of them.
*  My new grand baby will be here before we know it.
*  So so much more.

Prayer Request:
*  One of my survivor sisters is still having some issues with her chemo.  Please pray for W. T.
*  Another survivor sister is taking early rounds of chemo.  Please pray for W. L.
*  Unspoken prayer request.  God knows.
*  Anyone recently diagnosed with breast cancer or another life changing disease.

Blessings!

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment