Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Absence of a Hug ...


After my four day hospital stay in January and I was told by the doctors to keep a distance from others as much as possible, I try to do that primarily on the weeks of chemo.  It is so hard as I see my friends and they come to visit and I am afraid to hug them.  This morning I was visited by a friend, Jeff, who came just to check on me and see if I needed anything.  He and his family lived down the street from us for years and still owns their house.  He comes to check on things down there and is so sweet to stop and see if I need anything.  Thank you Jeff and Kim ... you are the sweetest.  This morning there was an absence of a hug.

My long time friends, Bruce and Greta, came by to visit and bring me something that Bruce had made.  We have been friends for 35 years and their love and support through many areas of my life have been priceless.  They totally understand the hugging thing and I am so appreciative of that.  They were so sweet and said ... there will time for hugs when you get better.   Again, there was an absence of a hugs.

Below is a picture of the most precious basket that Bruce built me to harvest my vegetables with.  Greta filled it with a spade, hand rake and gloves and of course embellished it with breast cancer ribbons.  No words can describe how much I love you guys.
Above:  Isn't it just the cutest?  I absolutely love it.
Above:  The three pots of greens I planted about three weeks ago.
I was thinking earlier that I wanted a good homemade
sandwich for lunch but didn't have any lettuce ... WRONG ..
the middle planter is bib lettuce.  YEA!

Above:  I hope the swiss chard on the left gets
going.  I have never tasted it.  

Above and below:  Our flower seeds are coming up.
Morning Glory and Hyacinth Bean ... 
Above:  My pepper plant bed.  I will use the remaining
end of the bed for my herbs rather than building another bed this
year.  

Above:  Seven tomato plants in a 4'X8' bed should
get a little crowded but I just know I will have tomatoes.

Today I tell you ... never miss an opportunity for a hug... you never know when you might not be able to have another one.  Bruce and Greta ... I love you both so much.  

Blessed and praying blessings on you ... this beautiful Saturday.


genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment