Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Rains Came ....

MID-MORNING UPDATE:
Dr. C, Endocrinologist, office just called and they have a cancellation today at 1:00pm.  I will be having the needle aspiration on my thyroid nodule today.  Please pray for good results ... that it is just a nodule.  Thank you so much.
Blessings!


*********************************
It seemed the latter part of last week, every time I turned around there were weather predictions for massive amounts of rain.  When the weather people tell me it is going to rain, I trust them.  Every day ... no rain so I would water my garden and flower seedlings to ensure they did not dry up and die.  Last evening about 5:45ish pm, the rains came and they have stayed through the night and will be here until mid-morning (per channel 5 weather people).  This morning rather than worrying the garden and flower seedlings are going to dry up, I am praying they are not floating in my neighbors pool.  <smile>

Yesterday got away from me and I didn't get a chance to post.  Work was busy, two appointments mid morning and more work in the afternoon.  After work I wanted to get dinner ready early.  I wanted to grill fresh salmon fillets and I didn't want to grill in the rain so I opted to do that early.  I made Quinoa which I wanted to cool so I could add fresh veggies and make a salad.  The Quinoa was good and took on all the flavors of the fresh veggies and the salmon, as always, was delish.

My first appointment yesterday was a base line bone density test.  Dr. Y. wants to get a baseline of my bones before I start the Arimidex (aromatase-inhibiting drug), it kills the estrogen in your body.  Breast cancer feeds on estrogen so this drug will kill it.  One of the big side effects of the Arimidex is bone weakness.  Praying my bones are as strong as they have always been and that nothing invades them.  After the bone density, I had to go to the Center for my blood count check.  I got to see my friends, Leslie and Wendi and all the medical staff at the Center ... all these ladies are such a blessing to me.  My blood count report came back pretty quick and the report was good.  Cindy, the sweet nurse who gives me my report, said my counts were right where they could be expected for where I am ... where I am ... the week after chemo and my Neulasta shot ... counts are where they have been for all six treatments.  Praising my Jesus.

I am strategizing on how I want to plant my cucumbers and squash.  I have an arbor trellis in my back yard and I have some big plastic whiskey barrel type planters that I bought at the end of last season cheap (Big Lots).  My thoughts are to put a planter on each side of the trellis ... one with cucumbers and one with squash and let them grow up the trellis.  I have looked on Pinterest for ideas of trellis' and there are several unique ideas.  I have two starter plants of cucumbers and squash so when the floods leave, I am going to get these veggies planted.  Gardening this year is all trial and error and I know I will learn much from the 'error' part.  <smile>

Praises:
*  Good blood count report
*  Good energy
*  Good appetite
*  Thrush is getting better
*  Got to see my friends at the Center yesterday
*  Rain
*  Many many more praises ....

Prayer Requests:
*  My friend, Wendi, took another round of chemo yesterday.  Please pray for her as the chemo has a tendency to make her sick.
*  My friend, Leslie, who recently had pneumonia.  Getting over pneumonia combined with chemo really knocks your body down.
*  All those who have recently been diagnosed with a debilitating disease such as cancer.  The diagnosis is so scarey ... trust me I know.

Praising and praying this day ... another day God has given me.
Blessed and praying blessings for you on this soggy Tuesday.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment