Monday, March 26, 2012

Saturday & Sunday Update ... Where does the time go?

I was a little late getting going on Saturday so it was noon before I hit the streets in search of a specific ground cover I wanted for my front flower bed.  While I didn't get what I "thought" I wanted which is called Thrift, I did get trailing phlox.  I have Indian Hawthornes in my front flower bed with elephant ears behind them and I wanted something that was low growing, heat tolerate and offered color.  When I found the phlox at Lowe's, I decided that is what I would use.  I added a large red (love me some red) geraniums to the corner by the front porch.  I also have been looking for a solar powered coach light to hang on a hanger I have put by the porch but have not been successful in finding what I want.  I found some solar coach lights on Amazon but after reading the reviews, I am not sure they will be 'good enough' for what I am wanting to accomplish.  If anyone has suggestions, please email me.

Above:   This is Thrift that I thought I wanted
but couldn't find.  (Picture from the internet)

Above:  This is Trailing Phlox that I got.  

Above:  The beautiful red geraniums and around the front
edges of the bed are the phlox.  To the right of the geraniums
is the hangar I want to hang a solar powered coach light.
(Note to self:  Move the tractor sprinkler. <smile>)

Above:  Knock out rose on the other end of the flower bed.

Above:  Opposite end of the bed.

Above:  See my little girl statue and also the elephant ears
peeking above the Indian Hawthornes.  
I planted marigolds in my garden beds ... they are supposed to keep the bugs away but they have their own issues like spider mites.  I am not beyond using some Seven Dust if that happens.  By now I figure I've got at least $250-$300 invested in these gardens and I don't intend to let the bugs have my plants or my produce.  <smile>  The birds seem to want to snap the limbs off my peppers and tomatoes and use them to make their nest so I got them their own special straw stuff and have scattered through the gardens and wagon so they will leave my plants alone.

 
Above:  Marigolds for bugs.  Brown patches
are the nesting material I put out for the birds
and squirrels.  I don't think either have taken
me up on my offer to assist building their
nests.  

Above:  The third and final raised bed.  It's lacking dirt at this
time.  I ran out of energy.  

Above:  The third bed will house the cucumbers and
yellow straight neck squash.  The tiny rosemary plant at
the bottom of the picture will get it's own planter because
rosemary gets very invasive. 

**********
I wanted to share a little something about washing your 'hair' when you don't have hair or much of it anyway.  Think about washing your hair in the shower.  You lean your head back and get your hair wet and straighten your head up and put your shampoo in and begin washing, right?   On occasion, you will have a drip that escapes and maybe get a little shampoo in your eye and it burns.  Well let me tell you what happens when you wash your hair when you don't have anymore hair than I do.  I lean my head back to get my short 'hairs' wet and straighten my head to put the shampoo and begin washing ... straightening my head up is entirely the wrong thing to do when you do not have hair to hold the shampoo on your scalp.  Just about every night when I wash my 'hairs', I forget that one little step .... KEEP YOUR HEAD LEANED BACK ... and if I don't, I get not one drip of shampoo but a flood of shampoo in my eyes.  OUCH!  <laughing>  Yes, I do have to laugh at this ... everytime.  You would think after four months of washing my 'hairs' and scalp, I would learn to keep my head leaned back.  In my Look Good, Feel Better class that I attended before chemo,  we were told to continue taking care of our scalp the same as if we had hair so I continue washing and conditioning and now moisturizing my scalp.  I keep looking for new hair appearance but I'm sure it's a little too soon after my last round of chemo for my body to be generating new hair.  Patience ... God's teaching me that patience thing again.

**********
I am so very thankful to be feeling so good and having the wonderful God-given opportunity to enjoy the beautiful weather we are having.  It got a little warm on Saturday and Sunday both but not enough to keep me inside.  Both nights I was completely worn out but it is so good to be feeling good and up and about and outside sweating.  

3 John 1: 2  Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

Every day is such a blessing.  Do not let the things of the world get in the way of your enjoying it.  Turn your worries over to God and let Him work in your life.  He has brought me amazing peace and comfort by trusting Him and allowing Him to work in my life.

Extremely blessed and praying many blessings for you today.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment