Sunday, March 11, 2012

On The Road to Chemo Round 6

It's Sunday morning and the first two steroids have been taken to get ready for the chemo, along with the Nexium and Lasix.  The Lasix is working, I was down almost a pound this morning.  I could almost see my ankles last night and my calves were not twice as big as normal like they had been.  My eye lids were not as swollen either.  I am Praising my sweet Jesus for this Lasix.

Last night we got together at Red Lobster for a really good birthday dinner for me.  We went early because I wanted to beat the crowd and my two little grandbabies who like to eat about 5:30pm each evening.  It worked out perfect.  I had crab legs which I had been craving and I could taste them and the drawn butter that I dipped each morsel of goodness in.  The salad was absolutely scrumptious and the baked potato was delish.  I snapped a few pictures before the eating began ....
Above:  Trying to get a decent picture
before dinner.

Above:  Me again ... 

Above:  Little blurry pic of Braxton.

Above:  Friend Anna and Pat, my sister.

Above:  Alicia and Madelyn.

Above:  Bonnie and Buddy.  
It was fun, the timing was perfect for our family dinner because the restaurant got extremely busy.  Early dinners are perfect.  Oh and I got the cutest gift from Anna.  A Home Depot work apron and a gift card.  Everyone knows I love Home Depot.  My girls and sister pooled their money and gave me that because recently I had mentioned I would like a new set of pots and pans since the last new set I had was from 1979 when I got married.  The skillet is something I still use alot and you can tell.

For the first time in five months, I rocked my grand daughter to sleep last night.  After my surgery it was almost impossible to even hold the babies but Praising the Lord as to how far I've come.

I better get going around here this morning.  I know the steroids will kick in momentarily and I'll be a cleaning machine.  With the time change and my wakeful period about 3:30am, I slept all the way to 6:30am this morning.  I feel pretty rested.  Early chemo appointment tomorrow since the blood work and doctor visit was done on Friday.  I'll try to get there a little early ... appointment is at 9:00am.  Early means I can possibly get hooked up and be out before lunch.

Praises:
*  My beautiful wonderful family.
*  My sweet friend, Anna, who came and had dinner with us.
*  The generosity of family and friends.
*  The Lasix working on this fluid build up in my body.
*  Actually all the meds that are helping me get through this time.
*  Healthy grand babies.
*  Feeling good this morning
*  And so much more ...

Prayer Request:
*  The family who I know from the Center who is headed to Hawaii this week for spring break.  The Mom is battling breast cancer for the second time.
*  All of those who will begin their treatment journey this coming week.  They need our prayers.
*  All of those who will find out this week they have a cancer.
*  My last round of chemo and the days that follow.  Thank you for this prayer.

Blessed and praying many blessings for you today.

genam44@charter.net

2 comments:

  1. I read your whole blog! Basically top to bottom in two days. I think this is wonderful! I think you are wonderful. I'm glad to know you are feeling better. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Stephanie. I'm so happy to hear you read the whole blog. I am in my third week now after my last round of chemo and feeling good. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete