Friday, March 2, 2012

Fabulous Friday

I worked in the office all day yesterday and by the time I got home, I was exhausted.  While I feel energetic and good, I know on the inside, those chemo drugs are still at work on my system.  People see me as back to normal ... hey, I see myself as back to normal when I feel good and have high energy, and then I remember that I am a chemo patient.  The blood counts come to the front of my mind as they are the things that drive my immune system and I know they are not up to normal.  The end of the chemo tunnel is in sight and I look forward to reaching to the end.  Praising the Lord for carrying me down this leg of my journey.

The yard therapy on Wednesday didn't make me as sore as I thought it would.  I cannot wait to get back out there and get the raised garden beds prepared.  It's about time to get planting.  My lettuce is thriving while we still have the cool, I just don't know when to pick it to eat it. <smile>

I started a new book last night - After Breast Cancer - A Common-Sense Guide to Life After Treatment.  The author, Hester Hill Schnipper, went through breast cancer twice.  There are many books on when you are diagnosed with breast cancer and how to get through the treatment and Mrs. Schnipper wrote a book on transitioning back to life after treatment.  Helena, nurse practitioner, mentioned this very subject the last time I saw her before chemo.  She says there is an adjustment because you have lived with appointments, surgeries, treatments, check ups for so long that life has become all about that.  I agree with Helena because on the corner of my dresser is a monthly calendar that I have completed since November.  The calendar has my appointments, my chemo and the meds that I am supposed to take each day prior to, during and after chemo.   I added the book to my book shelf, click on it and you can read a preview if you want.  A special thank you to my friend, Elizabeth, who shared the information about the book.

Yesterday was my day to get one of my government ID badges renewed.  This badge requires a picture and well we all know I am bald.  So my dilemma was ... wear a wig or not wear a wig.  When I got ready for work yesterday morning, I got my favorite of the three wigs I have out of the cabinet and put it on.  It was pretty and all but it wasn't me and plus it makes my ears hot.  I took it off, turned it inside out (that's the way you transport a wig without taking that styrofoam head) and put it in my bag.  I decided I would make the decision when I needed to (living in the moment).  My daughter, sister and I were discussing this the night before and my daughter said ... Mom, six months from now when you have hair, you will look at your badge and wish you had worn the wig.  Good point!   I was sharing the story with a man at work and he said ... In six months when you have hair, you will look at that badge with the bald headed picture and say ... look how far I've come... I have hair.  I had my picture taken and I was bald.  It's me ... that's who I am right now.  The new badge is good for three years which gets me almost to retirement.  Good way to look at things.

I am continuing my read through the book of Job in the Bible.  Have you ever read it?  If you think you have troubles, take the time to read about Job.

I would love to hear from you.  Tell me about your goings-on ... use the email address below.  Thank you for reading my blog.

Blessed and sending you blessings today!

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment