Friday, March 9, 2012

A Little of This and That ... It's Friday!

Today I have another blood count check and an appointment with Dr. Y, my Oncologist.  I have my list of questions ready for Dr. Y since Monday will be my sixth and final round of chemo.  Praising my Savior!

A few weeks ago was Bonnie's birthday.  Her hubby invited us all to the Fort Worth Food Truck Park over by the old Montgomery Ward on W. 7th Street ... it is now Montgomery Plaza.  Buddy and Bonnie had talked about going there so Buddy thought he would surprise Bonnie for her birthday.  The food truck park is not directly in that big new shopping center, it is on the street behind the Target.  It is located at 2509 Weisenberger St.  They open from Thursday through Sunday.  If you haven't visited the food truck park, you really should.  Here's a few pictures from our visit ....
Above:  I'm the bald one.
Left: Bonnie  Right:  Alicia
Purple hat:  Madelyn wanting down.

Above:  My sister, Pat with Braxton.

Above:  My pretty girls ...
Alicia and Bonnie.

Above:  Buddy, my son in law, Bonnie
and part of Braxton.  He wanted down.

Above:  Family picture at the food park.

Above:  Picture of a couple of the food trucks.
There are a total of six that park in the park.  

Above:  Three of the free cheesecakes we
got from the waffle truck.  They knew we
were celebrating a birthday and several of
our party ordered waffles from them.  

Above:  Hanging out at the table with the girls.

Above:  Left (back of table) Laura, Bonnie's m-i-l.
Right:  My sister, Pat ... someone must have surprised
her.  

Above:  My girls Dad, Paul aka PawPaw
with Madelyn.  Madelyn sporting one of
Grammy's  hats.  
********************************************************

Jesus Calling Devotional (March 6)
Continue of this path with Me, enjoying My Presence even in adversity.  I am always before you, as well as alongside you.  See Me beckoning to you, Come!  Follow Me.  The One who goes ahead of you, opening up the way, is the same One who stays close and never lets go of your hand.  I am not subject to limitations of time or space.  I am everywhere at every time, ceaselessly working on your behalf.  That is why your best efforts are trusting Me and living close to Me.

As I have written before ... I know my awesome Jesus is always with me, holding my hand and on those days I just can't make it, He carries me.  Praising my Jesus.  I do have 'blessed assurance'.  

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
  • Refrain:
    This is my story, this is my song,
    Praising my Savior all the day long;
    This is my story, this is my song,
    Praising my Savior all the day long.

Blessed and praying blessings for you and yours on the chilly North Texas Friday.                                   


genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment