Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Kankles are Back

Yesterday the swelling in my eye lids, legs, ankles and feet started again.  I didn't even wear tennis shoes all day but instead sandals, thinking that would help.  NOT!  By last night, there were no ankles and my calves were about 12 inches in diameter.  I could not wait to get in bed to get my feet up.  By this morning, the swelling was down ... but I knew what was going to happen so I went ahead and took a Lasex.  During the day I noticed the swelling decreasing in my eye lids but my kankles are back.  I have to remember that I am just in my third week after my last round of chemo and this is about when the last swelling event happened.

My blood counts yesterday checked out relatively well considering it is the third week after chemo.  My red blood count went from 9.8 to 10.3 (chemo patience eat your raisins) and the other number they look at which is a combination of things was up.  Praising the Lord for good numbers.

Next Monday will be another blood check and my appointment with Helena, Oncologist nurse practitioner.  I am hoping at this appointment I will find out when I can get my port removed and also I believe there will be more information about radiation ... like when it will start.

Today I started back to work for half days.  It was a good day and as long as I was working, I felt great.  I left at 1:00pm and it was amazing how tired I got as soon as I got in my car.  All of a sudden, the tired hit me and I was extremely glad I didn't try to work all day.  Half days are good for now.  Praise the Lord.

Getting home was a blessing, just being able to rest.  I sat down in my recliner and leaned back and was asleep before I knew it.  So ... this tells me that while I feel good, my body is tired and needs rest.  I will comply with no problem.

Most likely I will not be able to post early mornings except on the weekend so please stay with me as my schedule changes ... I will most likely be posting in the evenings.

As always I appreciate you reading my blog and continuing on with me through my journey.  It's been quite interesting so far ... a few special events like being hospitalized in January ... having side affects begin to occur from the chemo ...  and always the many wonderful people I've met along the way who have blessed my life beyond anything I could have imagined.  Thank you Lord for blessing me and keeping me in Your arms as I continue to walk this journey.

Blessed and praying many blessings on all who read this post.


genam44@charter.net

1 comment:

  1. I am loving reading your blog. Your courage is amazing and your spirit seems so high. I feel so humbled as I know your source of strength. I know you walk with God and that is why you have such a inward peace about your journey. Your girls seem to be very close to you and I know they are helping you through your daily trials. Best wishes as you return to work and go through your chemo. I am praying for you and know He's in control of your life. God bless. Terri Bradford Fisher

    ReplyDelete