Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mr. Magoo ... Remember Him?

Sunday afternoon my sister and I headed out to Kohl's to spend my birthday money and use her 30% off coupon.  Pots and pans were the main items we were going for ... 30% off a set of Calphalon pans is a pretty big savings.  I needed to drive my Highlander (my Highlander is not getting much drive time some weeks).  It was sunny beautiful afternoon and I put my Vera Wang sunglasses on that I really don't like because they are too tight and I took my head covering off which I do all the time.  My sister looked at me and said ... I don't mean to hurt your feelings or anything but do you remember the Mr. Magoo cartoon?  Well yea I sure do... I said.  She said you remind me of him when you don't have a head covering on and your sunglasses on.  We got such a laugh.  Of course Mr. Magoo didn't wear sunglasses but he wore glasses.  So here I am impersonating Mr. Magoo ...

We got to Kohl's and of course I had to do a little shirt/blouse shopping.  And SCORE ... I found some really cute T-shirts and some cowl neck blouses.  So after several try on's and deciding on eight tops, I was ready to go look at pots and pans.  I decided on the 10 piece Calphalon pan set with the glass lids.  Now pots and pans may not excite you but I haven't had a new set of pots and pans since 1979 when I got married.  Oh yea, I've added a piece here and there but not a whole set.  These are currently residing in the closet until I feel like getting them out and washing and finding a place to put them.

Report from yesterday ... I rested ... literally laying all morning on the couch.  My eating is a little off ... expected ... so it was primarily a carb day for me.  I have to try to incorporate some protein in my diet today.  My ankles and legs are back to ankles and legs and not tree limbs.  The swelling has gone down in my eyes and my tummy as well.  The Lasix has really helped with all this.  My weight is down 6.6 pounds and most of that was unneeded fluid.   I got my last Neulasta shot last night that builds my white blood cells up.  I don't know who dreads this shot more ... my sister who gives it to me or me who is getting it.  Actually I think my sister dreads it more.  It's only a  one cc shot but if it goes in just a nano second to fast, it burns like the devil and I whimper and it just tears her up.  But it is done and I know if I have the flu like symptoms how to treat those ... Claritin allergy medicine.  I was able late yesterday afternoon to get out in the sunshine and breath in some fresh air.  I pulled some of the dreaded weeds and then I was worn out.  My mind has the want to but my body says ... hold on sister.  So I do.  See, I am listening to my precious Jesus.

Yesterday morning the most beautiful flowers were delivered from my precious friend, Camille.  The card read ...  Hooray!  You Made It To the Finish Line!  Love  You Bunches, Camille.  They are absolute beautiful.   Words do not seem to enough ... Thank you sweet friend.


I have had a couple biscuits this morning and a cup of coffee which to tell you the truth is not really doing it for me this morning.  Part of this is the chemo and the other part is the thrush.  Nothing tastes really good ... apple juice was the best thing yesterday and quenched my thirst pretty well and I always have a glass of ice water with me.

So many praises and so much to be thankful for today.  Jesus continues to hold me in His precious arms and carries me on the days that I just can't make it on my own.  I just cannot fathom walking through this life and not knowing His all enduring love.

I slept really good last night, Praise the Lord.  I always wake about 4:00am and get up about 5:00ish and right now I feel the need to lay back down in bed.  I'm listening Jesus, I'm listening.  Wednesday has proven to be my somewhat 'crash' day.  The steroids stop on Tuesday and I think that has something to do with the crash as well as the shot.

Thank you for your continued support and reading my blog.  It means so much to me and I pray that you share with those who may be in need or even if not in need.  My purpose of the blog was to Praise Jesus and educate as many as possible on this dreaded disease and my walk through the treatments.

Blessed and praying many blessings on you today.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment